What does everone think of CNG's SKK...

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by Joe V., Feb 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe V.

Joe V. Valued Member

I don't think the people you mentioned were promoted by the KGS BBS. They were accepted to the KGS BBS as members and their rank was LISTED not AWARDED.
    I assume that all the members of the KGS that paid their dues can keep their membership as long as they are accepted by the executive board.
    I joined the KGS BBS and had to be endorsed/vouched for by a member of the executive board. The executive board wanted to be sure who I was, where I trained, who granted me my rank and that I was from the KGS,NCK,SKK lineage. The member that vouched for me knows my instructor and we had met at seminars and events. This is all AFTER the ordeal with Mr. Geary, so I can vouche that the KGS BBS has adopted new policies that ensure the legitimacy of their members.
    I think the shady portion of your arguement applies mostly to Mr. Geary and his actions to date.

2. kempojosh

kempojosh Valued Member

"Fuzzy logic" would be giving a teaching certificate (for your art) to someone that is not ranked by your organization.

3. Joe V.

Joe V. Valued Member

Funny, I wouldn't consider that much of a stretch. You guys do teach SKK right? I mean you have the Katas and Pinans from the SKK, at least some of the combinations as well. SKK is in the KGS lineage tree. If you teach 1-4 Kata you are teaching the forms GGM Gascon created. So how would that be such a stretch? :confused:

4. kempojosh

kempojosh Valued Member

did gm gascon look at the curriclum for cng skk? is cng add anthing that is not taught by the kgs? did cng take anything out of the system that was established by the kgs? these are things to consider. i don't know if gm gascon looked into this, and with all due respect, i don't think he did.

5. Joe V.

Joe V. Valued Member

Sorry, but it was Mr. Geary who wanted to bring MORE of the KGS into his system. Like I said, do you guys teach 1-4 Kata? If you do you, are teaching GGM Gascons forms.
    To do what you suggest would mean that Mr. Geary would have had to actually train with the KGS BBS. That never happened because Mr. Geary was into much of a hurry to get belted.

6. kempojosh

kempojosh Valued Member

:rolleyes: Or it could of never happened because GM Gascon was in a hurry to hand out some certificates without making sure someone is trained. Or it could of been both. But woe unto CNG, the KGS can never do any wrong.

Yes we do have a 1-4 Kata, and I beleive a Kata 5 but I haven't seen them. And I have no clue if they are the same Katas that you have.

7. Joe V.

Joe V. Valued Member

Here we go again! The KGS ADMITTED THEY MADE A MISTAKE, THEY APOLOGIZED. THEY HAVE IMPLEMENTED PROCEDURES TO PREVENT IT FROM HAPPENING AGAIN.
    I don't think you like the fact Mr. Geary was a "mistake" and to be honest with his criminal record I would not be holding him up as a victim in any cause. Here is a post from another board.

Incidently, since I had heard rumours that Geary had turned himself in, I called the Collier County Sheriff's Department (239-793-9255) (Warrant Unit) today and asked them if the warrant was still outstanding. According to this unit it still was.

How is it training with a wanted man? Oh that's right you don't train with Mr. Geary you just help support his schools and lifestyle.

8. kempojosh

kempojosh Valued Member

I'm calling you out buddy! The bull s*** flag is up and waiving high. I just called that phone number and they don't give warrant information over the phone. The woman who answered the phone said that they quit doing that a long time ago. I know down south people are not too bright, but a long time ago does not mean earlier today. :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:

You should get your story straight before you come at me. Is it a prerequisite to not be able to get your story straight before you come into the KGS BBS? :eek:

9. kempojosh

kempojosh Valued Member

Well, I re-read the post and it appears that you're not the one who called the sheriff's department. That's my mistake. When was that post put up?

I don't care if the KGS thinks that Geary was a mistake. They can think anything they want. I don't care. But they could at least get their story straight. I don't think that you like the KGS being called out for not having their story straight, Prof. Shuras' side of the story contradicts the certificates signed by GM Gascon, etc. Loyalty is great, but come on. This is ridicolous.

10. guan-gi

guan-gi New Member

What??

[. I know down south people are not too bright, but a long time ago does not mean earlier today. :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:
    :[/QUOTE]

WTF?!!!! :woo:

11. kempojosh

kempojosh Valued Member

WTF?!!!! :woo:[/QUOTE]

The south.....floridia.....collier county.....are you from the south? i apologize for offending you and anyone else with that. But it is funny. :D

12. guan-gi

guan-gi New Member

yeah

Yes, I am from the south, and NO it's not funny... :bang:

13. kempojosh

kempojosh Valued Member

iam from the south. i'm from mississippi. and yeah, it's funny. :D

14. guan-gi

guan-gi New Member

oh

Maybe you should have been more specific.... :)

15. kempojosh

kempojosh Valued Member

I think it's funny. part of it is because for the past 5 years i've worked with people from all over the country and I've heard all types of jokes. and no i wasn't referring to me when i posted that comment. I was referring to the woman at the courthouse. but it doesn't matter because i was throwing the flag and calling out JoeV. but then i reread the post and i didn't look too bright. kind of like i was from the south :eek:

16. guan-gi

guan-gi New Member

tried too..

In the interest of fairness, I tried the number, too. You're right, Josh, they don't give out that info. You might be right on the other point, too. :D

17. Joe V.

Joe V. Valued Member

I am from the south also... Grew up in Miami, FL.

:D
    Throw the flag! Go on Bullshido and read who Samuel Brown is. It might explain why he got the answer and you did not :rolleyes:
    Yup, You folks from Missippi are a little slow ;) Not as slow as Georgia folk though :D Shall we start a Southern States version of the dozens? :D

18. KGS BBS

KGS BBS Valued Member

Man, you guys are unbelievable. Look, nothing contradicts what I stated, nothing is 'shady', and yes, Gascon was so much in hurry with Rash to spend $1800 expense out of Mike's own pocket for your boy. What's his freak'n motive to promote him? You know, it was the people from his lineage that pulled Gascon out of retirement because they wanted to know their roots and be under his umbrella. This wasn't his idea, he's not a power hungry egomanic narcisist like some we know. I could see if he was selling rank, c'ome on guys, put your bias aside and think logically.

Please, no beginner in the arts is going to lecture me on loyalty. For your information I take it only so far. It would have never happened but if Gascon submitted to that loser's extortion attempt, I would have been out of the organization so fast your head would spin. For the record, I never had any doubts about Mr. Gascon's reaction to Geary's blackmail attempt.

Yes, Gascon knew of Geary's background in SSK snd it's relationship to KGS. The only one promoted, recognized, bestowed, awarded, annoited or crowned was 'God' Geary, that's it. Gascon awards ranks only in person. If Steiner wasn't awarded in person he certainly didn't get it through the mail LIKE YOUR BOY DEMANDED when he attempted to extort ranks from Gascon. Do you remember those e-mails that you guys don't comment on????? or would you like them put up on the net again?

Look, if you don't like the KGS BBS, then screw you, we don't hold a gun to anyone's head in that they have to join us and we don't need you either. Who cares? Go get a life or stay with Lord Geary, I could care less. Ask the Hawaiian seniors, Geary isn't worthy enough to carry Gascon's jock strap and you guys don't even know the half of it.

David, you were upset over the one liner I posted of your pm that time, felt it wasn't ethical, that I would post a pm w/o your permission, we talked about it and worked things out. Fine. Well, go to CNG and show him this post and ask him to comment on it, he will know exactly what I mean and when you find out, if you have anything more to do with him then you are going against the good character that I believe you have. Trust me on that one, you'd be surprised. This guy is bad news.

Look, if I'm not back on in a while, I am just too busy as I stated in my last post. I had some lull time tonight after a full day and evening and I decided to check in.

Guys, let is go, as I said, we are rehashing the s.o.s., if you think Geary is okay, then stay with him, the past is the past, get the heck off our backs, as Joe V. stated, the KGS BBS admitted details and their part in this embarrassing mistake and made corrections so it doesn't happen again. So why do you guys persist? Are you so insecure that Geary may not be who you want him to be? If that's the case, move on but get off my back. Believe me, you think you do, but you don't know this guy, it's all going to come back to bite you in the ass. Goodnight.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2006
  19. guan-gi

guan-gi New Member

What?

How is someone who is not involved in the situation and asking information about Steiner being certified to teach (and all the things that go with it) "unbelievable"? And, for the record, I am NOT supporting Geary. I do however, think that from an outsider's point of view it's not a "cut and dry" situation. You keep saying that the KGS BBS admitted their mistake, so nobody should have a problem with it. So now nobody can even question what went on? I think if a significant number of people got caught in the middle of a personal feud, that is "shady" and doesn't reflect well for ANYONE involved.

The one thing I do agree on is that this should be put to rest. I have stated many times that I have nothing but respect for Prof. Shuras, Lou Angel, and many others involved here. Throwing mud in any direction doesn't help. If all sides would call a truce I think it will stop, but that won't happen, will it?

20. kempojosh

kempojosh Valued Member

You said that Sonny Gascon dropped CNG right after the trip fro Omaha, right? But all of these certificates say differently. Did I miss something?

[/QUOTE]Please, no beginner in the arts is going to lecture me on loyalty. For your information I take it only so far. It would have never happened but if Gascon submitted to that loser's extortion attempt, I would have been out of the organization so fast your head would spin. For the record, I never had any doubts about Mr. Gascon's reaction to Geary's blackmail attempt. [/QUOTE]

I wasn't trying to lecture anyone on loyalty, reread it. I think Geary should have just forgot about the promised rank when he decided that the KGS wasn't for him....And regardless if I'm a beginner in the arts, that doesn't mean that I don't know anything about loyalty. If you think that someone can only know stuff from being in the martial arts then you're wrong.

[/QUOTE]Yes, Gascon knew of Geary's background in SSK snd it's relationship to KGS. The only one promoted, recognized, bestowed, awarded, annoited or crowned was 'God' Geary, that's it. Gascon awards ranks only in person. If Steiner wasn't awarded in person he certainly didn't get it through the mail LIKE YOUR BOY DEMANDED when he attempted to extort ranks from Gascon. Do you remember those e-mails that you guys don't comment on????? or would you like them put up on the net again?[/QUOTE]

I never said that Steiner had rank from Gascon and neither has Steiner. I remember those emails. And you're right, I didn't comment on those emails. Like I just said, if a group isn't good enough for to be in then why get rank from them. It's been awhile since I've read them. But if those guys were promised rank then they should be awarded it.....But since Gascon decided to go back on his word, and he can do that, then it should have been dropped. A lawsuit would have served no purpose at all. Should those emails have been sent, I'm saying no.

[/QUOTE]Look, if you don't like the KGS BBS, then screw you, we don't hold a gun to anyone's head in that they have to join us and we don't need you either. Who cares? Go get a life or stay with Lord Geary, I could care less. Ask the Hawaiian seniors, Geary isn't worthy enough to carry Gascon's jock strap and you guys don't even know the half of it. [/QUOTE]

It's not that i don't like the KGS BBS, it's just that the story isn't adding up. And that's what I was pointing out. On the earlier post to Joe V. i corrected myself. But what you have said (gascon dropped geary as soon as he left omaha) has absoluely no weight when the certificates are shown. I never said that Gascon is a piece of sh**. and I won't say that. The guy has what, 50 years experience in martial arts. Did I say other stuff? Yes. You sound bitter. Is it because Gascon or Rash didn't nominate you for school of the year? Or because they thought he was that good?

[/QUOTE]David, you were upset over the one liner I posted of your pm that time, felt it wasn't ethical, that I would post a pm w/o your permission, we talked about it and worked things out. Fine. Well, go to CNG and show him this post and ask him to comment on it, he will know exactly what I mean and when you find out, if you have anything more to do with him then you are going against the good character that I believe you have. Trust me on that one, you'd be surprised. This guy is bad news. [/QUOTE]

Where does your infomation of geary come from? how do you know him so well?

[/QUOTE]Look, if I'm not back on in a while, I am just too busy as I stated in my last post. I had some lull time tonight after a full day and evening and I decided to check in. [/QUOTE] have fun

[/QUOTE]Guys, let is go, as I said, we are rehashing the s.o.s., if you think Geary is okay, then stay with him, the past is the past, get the heck off our backs, as Joe V. stated, the KGS BBS admitted details and their part in this embarrassing mistake and made corrections so it doesn't happen again. So why do you guys persist? Are you so insecure that Geary may not be who you want him to be? If that's the case, move on but get off my back. Believe me, you think you do, but you don't know this guy, it's all going to come back to bite you in the ass. Goodnight.[/QUOTE]

Get off your backs? You come on here and bash Geary. This started 2 threads ago. You posted the videos and went and hid. When you get called out for your story not having credibility then we're the bad guys. Get real. There isn't a bad side or good side. There's just two groups of people who's instructors are ****ed off at each other over some childish s***. No Geary didn't handle everything right when dealing with Rash and Gascon and no they didn't handle things right either. That's the bottom line. And that's what we've been waiting 530 posts to read.

josh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.