What does everone think of CNG's SKK...

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by Joe V., Feb 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kempojosh

kempojosh Valued Member

i think that the kgs bbs is trying to shift some of the focus off of them and onto geary by playing that video. i'll be honest. kata two wasn't great and pinan 1 wasn't great. but they were obviously good enough for gascon and rash to keep him around, bring him back into the oraganization, certify him to teach, and recommend him for school of the year (or whatever it was).....some of you have bashed hanshi angel for promoting geary, but why bash someone for doing the same thing that your grand master did?

Joe, i know that you're not on the board, but come on. Why would the kgs bbs do all of this for someone who they don't like. for someone that they do not approve of? prof. shuras comes on the forum and says one thing, but the certificates signed by gm gascon says something else. i'm not saying that you have to like geary. you can hate him. but you've got to see that the story of the kgs bbs is not adding up.

respectfully, josh

2. Joe V.

Joe V. Valued Member

Spoken by one of the most respected and Senior men in the Kajukenbo lineage. Thank you Professor Bishop, that is my entire point!
    Respectfully,
    Joe Viera.

3. kempojosh

kempojosh Valued Member

i'm not disagreeing with you on this one.

4. Joe V.

Joe V. Valued Member

I have never "bashed" Hanshi Angel. I made comments as to his promotion of Geary from Nidan to Shichidan in 4 years. I would not call that bashing.

Joe, i know that you're not on the board, but come on. Why would the kgs bbs do all of this for someone who they don't like. for someone that they do not approve of? prof. shuras comes on the forum and says one thing, but the certificates signed by gm gascon says something else. i'm not saying that you have to like geary. you can hate him. but you've got to see that the story of the kgs bbs is not adding up.

respectfully, josh

I disagree Josh. The KGS has publically stated they were attempting to let Mr. Geary "down easy". They have also stated in retrospect, this was not the way things should have been handled. You Do remember that part, right?
    Again, what does any of this have to do with Mr. Geary's performance and Martial Arts abilities?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2006
  5. kempojosh

kempojosh Valued Member

the thread is about cng. the reason that the tread was started because of this mess. if you're letting someone down, then you don't bring them back into your organization. or do anything else to make the person think they are worth keeping around.

6. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

Yes, they did publically state that, but I don't believe it.

if they were trying to let him down easy, wouldn't they have just accepted his FIRST resignation???????????????????????????????????????? I know, I know, you are not on the board, so all you can do is parrot their story, you can't explain its contradictions with facts.

What does Geary's performance have to do with his membership in the KGS BBS?? It didn't matter when they gave him the rank and it didn't matter when they took it away. Nobody at KGS BBS even looked at the video until well after both events.

7. kempojosh

kempojosh Valued Member

any proof of that david? is that the case prof. shuras? because if so, then that would mean that the kgs bbs nominated geary for school of the year (or whatever the award was) without knowing his abilities. based on definitions given earlier, that would be a diploma mill.

sometimes it's better to admit that you're wrong :D

8. Joe V.

Joe V. Valued Member

I started this thread if you remember :D
    I cannot say what GM Gascon was thinking and what his exit strategy for Mr. Geary was. Maybe giving him the teaching cert would shut him up and hopefully go away?
    I don't know! :bang:

9. kempojosh

kempojosh Valued Member

i remember that you started the thread. do you remember that i said that i'm not the k-nerd ;)

my point by saying this is don't blindly defend these guys. i understand that they are the leaders of the kgs bbs and that's fine. i'm not telling you to disrespect them in anyway. but if they're story is not lining up or making any sense, then don't defend it. :bang:

10. Joe V.

Joe V. Valued Member

Believe what you want that is your right. Just where are you getting your information from though? I think we are both guilty of "parroting". Only difference is I tell you whom is being parroted. Do the initials A.C. have anything to do with your info?
    What does Mr. Geary's abilities have to do with it? If Mr. Geary had demostrated a high degree of Martial Art ablilities I for one would have acknowleged that. "He may have no ethics and be lacking in morals, but he moves like a demon and deserves the rank that was given to him" That is what I would have said. That IS NOT the case however.

11. Joe V.

Joe V. Valued Member

I have been around long enough to stand on my own two feet and I would never blindly take any stand. I happen to not agree with the chain of events as you and David have presented in defense of Mr. Geary. I think you and David are just monday morning quarterbacking. Ask the questions directly to the KGS THEN make your assertions after you hear their side. Mr. Geary has been absolutley silent on this except through Chap. 14. I base my assertions on what I have from Mr. Geary on his site, info from Bullshido and the videos I have seen to date.

12. kempojosh

kempojosh Valued Member

what about the certificates that were signed GM Gascon? They completly contradict the story given by the kgs bbs. when the intial response on the kgs website came out, did they mentiont that they asked geary to come back into the kgs, did they mentiont that they nominated him for school of the year, did they mention that they gave him a teaching certificate?

if being silent means not coming onto the forum, then he's definatley been silent. and so has gm gascon. why does it matter if either of them is silent?

i don't see why i would have to present my questions to the kgs. if they would have had their story straight, and saying that i mean if there story did not contradict certificates that they sign, then they wouldn't look so bad. it's not a win/lose situation. both parties are hurting each other.

13. Joe V.

Joe V. Valued Member

So are you saying you and Dave represent Mr. Geary's organization? I know Prof. Shuras speaks with the authority granted him by GM. Gascon and the KGS. Are you speaking (typing) for Geary? What part of; they didn't like Geary, they let him down easy,they tried to let him whither away after giving him a teaching cert is not clear? This is a circular arguement you know. You say the dates don't make sense, I say they were trying to be more civil than was deserved.
    No one disputes what we have seen from Mr. Geary to date is very substandard and not representative of the rank he wears. This is one fact that cannot be misinterpreted by anyone.

14. kempojosh

kempojosh Valued Member

I'm not speaking for Christopher Geary. I'm only debating what I do not agree with. I said the way I feel about the videos. Other than that, I guess we at the spot where we agree to disagree. We'll still talk ten years down the road about this.

15. Joe V.

Joe V. Valued Member

Bet niether one of us waits ten years :D

16. guan-gi

guan-gi New Member

fact?

Let me end with saying this just to be fair to all parties involved here, including Mr. Geary and Hanshi Angel. In viewing the video always keep in mind rank is very subjective, it is opinion. No matter what standards or objectives are set up, the final decision rests with the opinions of human beings and opinions can be very diverse as there are people or put it simply........ 'Opinions are like a-holes, everyone has one'... You will have your video soon but I'm sure the debate will continue for quite sometime. Anyway, I'm out of it. I'll join in on other discussions but I'm burnt out on this one, lol. Take care, God Bless and be safe, Prof. Joe Shuras
    .[/QUOTE]

Fact?

17. kempojosh

kempojosh Valued Member

Fact?[/QUOTE]

i don't think this one will end for awhile. people want to see the rest of the video. and then there will be a few posts and maybe some arguing. and then we'll have a suprise visit from Prof. Shuras :D

18. dianhsuhe

dianhsuhe Co-Founder: Glow-Do

hmmm

Kenpodavid- Did you ever comment on Geary's performance in the videos? I would be curious as to what you thought about those...

19. kempojosh

kempojosh Valued Member

was my input on the video good enough or were you looking for a more detailed description?

20. taescharnhorst

taescharnhorst Valued Member

tournament favoritism

Hello everyone,

First of all I decided to enter a mixed martial arts Tournament in Delta Colorado last weekend. I figured since I did so well a few months ago winning 1st place in sparring in another Touney I would give it a shot.

Well it all kicked off with the usual honoring, and rules and regulations then came Forms. Well I ended up with 2nd place which was fine with me in forms. After a long while I was finally able to spar.

I did very well through out and scored almost perfectly until one of the judges favored his student. I scored five times and nobody even acknowledged it, especially the middle judge. I even brought it to his attention and he just shrugged it off. but when she did finally score on me they all raised the flags and she ended up winning first place.

I was very upset but kept my self control intact. I knew that this was an unfair match and that it had everything to do with favoritism.

I even scanned the video after leaving the tournament and found that I had made five points as clear as day and that they never even acknowledged it.

What a shame to be part of a tournament that cheats to make their students look better . I was mad as hell over this unfairness and felt robbed and cheated.

However I am not going to let this hinder my going to Tournaments and I will not allow this to destroy my confidence. So what if they wanted to put her above me to build their ego. They cheated not me so I don't have to live with that deceit, they do.

All I know is that I will never Go to any more tournaments hosted by "Karate League" :bang: ever again. I feel that the Host of the Tournament needs to have a very long meeting with some of the judges and express the importance of fairness, integrity and respect for competitors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.