What do YOU want from the ninjutsu forum?

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Moosey, Dec 20, 2008.

1. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

Don't be so apologetic, Bujingodai. This is a difficult section to moderate and you guys do a top job.

Also, it's not the members' decision whether you remain a mod or not. You don't let the boozers choose the bouncers.

2. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Just a few of points for you all to consider. The Topic Mods cannot ban people, we can put in a request for a ban but it can take a little time for the discussions and action to take place. It makes life much easier for us to decide on who to take action against if we don't have to wade through pages of petty bickering to find the appropriate posts and responses.

Another point is that sometimes the Mods are extremely busy with real life. I've just been away for a long weekend and I get back to problems with my internet connection and meltdown here. I really don't want to have to read all the crap that has been posted over the weekend but I will because that's what is expected from me.

Something else to consider is that some of the regulars are just as guilty of personal attacks as the trolls and yet when we pull some folk up for it we get a boatload of abuse for our trouble. Some of you seem to think its one rule for you and another for 'outsiders', well it isn't! Just because someone disagrees with you're viewpoint on something doesn't make their posts trolling.

Things will slip through occasionally, you may disagree with decisions made and you are entitled to this, however, you are not entitled to then bitch and moan about this for prolonged periods. If you don't like a modding decision pm a mod and we'll look into it and discuss it, if we think a mistake has been made we will rectify it, however, if we disagree with you, deal with it and move on, if you don't like this go to another board.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
  3. Big Will

Big Will Ninpô Ikkan

That explains a lot, actually.

4. kikentai

kikentai Valued Member

I'd like bujingodai removed as Mod.

5. bujingodai

bujingodai Retired Supporter

I'd like you to start a thread to ask for it.

6. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

It's not your say and to be frank after your behaviour in the Shihan thread I don't think you're in any position to make demands such as this.

7. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

And what I would love to know leads you to make a statement like that?

Like Moosey said, the boozers don't choose the bouncers. This for me is a personal attack and is out of order. If you have a problem with someone should you not pm a mod?

If you are at work and have a problem with your boss do you undermine him in front of the entire office or do you talk to him personally, then his direct superior if that talk fails. Trying to undermine in front of the office normally has the opposite of the desired efect in my experience.

8. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Dude if that thread was started you should close it immediately. You probably have one of the hardest subjects on MAP to police. I tend not to lurk in the ninjitsu threads too often and have not come across your posts other than the ones in this thread, but that is of no matter, you would have been given mod status for a reason.

9. Dean Winchester

Yeah he's the token indie :ban:

Just joking Dave :D

10. kikentai

kikentai Valued Member

Details?

I personally never liked him as a Mod.

But, my behavior on the shihan thread be specific please, what was wrong?

11. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

4.6 Attacking MAP Moderators & Administrators:
    Posting a thread or reply to question or criticize moderator or administrator action is not appropriate in a public forum. Please utilize the board’s Private Message function, or email, if you wish to discuss these issues.

Mitch

12. Dean Winchester

The little name calling hissy fit you threw.
    Apart from breaking ToS do you not think it was somewhat childish?

Now as a result of your "discussion" we see you throwing your teddy out the pram and having the audacity to moan about one of the mods.

13. kikentai

kikentai Valued Member

Nor is discussing personal information about people that virtually don't have a web presence and wish to keep themselves out of the limelight.

The rest will be taken to pm.

And future criticisms of MODs will be stopped on my part.

14. bujingodai

Thanks Mitch admitadly I am not good with TOS. I am working on it. However I may have brought some of this on myself.
    If he doesn't care for me to be a mod, I would also wonder what the rest of the place feels.
    I am in the population of very few for indies. So I would understand.

In the end it is for the board not the forum to chose.

I am fine to stay if I am needed and wanted but I don't care to be a hated portion of the team.
    I have little time for that.

15. kikentai

kikentai Valued Member

LOL it was an illustration, and I did fix it after he mentioned he (messed up) my name as a result of typing to fast.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2010
  16. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

The MAP Mod team chooses the MAP Mod team. Nobody else need worry about it at all.

Let's get this thread back on topic please everyone, not extend a argument from another thread to this one.

Mitch

17. Nutjob

Nutjob Jimmy Tarbuck

In fairness as a mod Dave is a bit of a nob but he's a nice genuine guy, open honest, made mistakes etc, he's not the best but who is better?

I think he's ok

18. bujingodai

Thanks Greg.. I think.

19. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

As always, if we had any problems with you being a mod, you wouldn't be one. The senior staff here remain confident that you're the right man for the job, and we will not be changing our views on that simply because people don't always appreciate those in charge of keeping the peace.

It's already been covered, but I'd like to add that comments asking for mods to be removed do no-one any favours, and I'd be far more inclined to remove the person making the request than to get rid of a productive member of the forum's team of volunteer moderators. Either PM such requests to a Global Mod or Admin in future, or keep them to yourself.

20. Fu_Bag

Fu_Bag Valued Member

I think it'd be funny to see some more creative MAP awards around here. Heck, I'd wear a crazy one nominated by the people who love my anonymity as long as it didn't violate TOS too badly. I'm thinking something along the lines of "Most Yella, Lilly-Livered, No Good, Dog Stompin', Anonymous Poster Who We Really Don't Like on This Here Ninjitsu Forum" Award. :evil:

If you need to shorten it, it could be the MYLLNGDSAPWWRDLOTHNF Award 2010.

Other anonymous posters will need to come up with their own awards. :p