What do you think is the most practical 'street' weapon?

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Weasel, Oct 20, 2004.

1. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

Depends how lethal you wanna get.

A gun is always good. Nice and small.

Nunchakus are Three-Sectioned-Staffs are also nice and flexible, and can be hidden.

A pair of sharp Butterfly knives (the kung-fu ones, not the knife ones please get what I'm trying to say) can also be hidden.

Whip Chains. . . . mabye, depending on if you're planning to kill someone.

Mabye a wooden sword???

If all else fails, you can always walk around with a fully-sharpened Guan-Do :Angel: :D .

2. Chingmann

Chingmann New Member

Concealed Nunchakus I can understand, but the hell can you conceal a three-sectional on your person :confused: o.0 Unless you have bigggggggggggg pant pockets.

Guan-Do. :eek: ......Iam not going to war :woo: .........why not just get a horse as well?

Belts are good, especially ones with a big sharp buckle. Shoes and keys work as well.

3. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

Ha!!!, but you are now, mwahahahahaha!!!!!

Nah, just kidding.

But it would be freaky as hell tho if somebody walked around with a real Guan-Do tho. . . . .

4. Kallio

Kallio New Member

You can just imagine somebody walking round with one... They'd have to be dressed in middle age clothing, and definitely have the horse as well. Oh and they would have to talk in ye olden English speak.

5. Chingmann

Chingmann New Member

English? Guan Dao is a traditional Chinese war weapon. Iam not sure if a similar weapon exists in English culture, but I think Infra was referring to the Chinese bing hey.

6. silentwarrior

silentwarrior Valued Member

K coffin you make a good point!

7. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

No I'm talking about the giant Chinese glaive fellows. The ones we use from Kung-Fu classes.

8. shootodog

shootodog restless native

ah wonderful advice. all you folks who said: "any weapon that is available" and "a clear head and two feet to run" give yourselves a pat on the back. that's the mentality of a sober, intelligent person.

that being said and me being in the philippines, i love carrying stuff in my pockets: balisongs, badjacs, maglite "pocket stick", resin knives, folding knife money clip (crkt kiss), tacfolders, .25 & 380s, etc. i hope that i never have to use them.

9. Stolenbjorn

Stolenbjorn Valued Member

You basically state that the point of this tread is stupid and meaningless. It's not very polite towards your threadstarter. Personally I find it pathetic that a nation can cherrish and saviour their right to drive around with assault rifles in their trunk (read: USA), but if someone starts a thread abouth "what's the best assault rifle to use on the streat?", I either don't post and leave it to the moderators to stop the thread or follow the premices of the thread and discusses accordingly.

10. shootodog

shootodog restless native

i was not being disrespectful. i was being practical. i believe that whatever is at had is the best (the old addage: one in the hand is better than two in the bush).

11. Stolenbjorn

Personally, I agree with you, but I get the feeling that the threadstarter wasn't after those answers when he started it ;)

12. Kallio

Kallio New Member

Although in fairness I think the thread starter has got so many answers that he probably now knows everything he wanted to know. We have gone through several different weapons. :D

13. HelpMehPlz

HelpMehPlz New Member

Maybe... I would say the chain, since according ot a biography on Bruce Lee, he once used a chain in his teens IIRC while on the street for defense. :D

14. gedhab

gedhab Valued Member

The short sticks are good or the pole. Kali/escrima sticks are good too. :)

15. ninjas-r-us

ninjas-r-us I sit under your tea

well the best wepon in my experiance is 6 mounths of kendo and a sturdy walking cane leagle every wear AND you can take it on a plane!!

a role of quaters (or other large coin) in each hand works well to

16. Anthony Shore

Anthony Shore New Member

street weapons

I would have to say, short of a gun...the best street weapons are at the ends of your arms and legs and between your ears.

Training, training, training! and intellect, intellect, intellect.

"Daniel-san! Best way to avoid a punch? no be there!"

Karate Kid II

17. samuri-man

samuri-man New Member

i think a copper pipe or my fists

18. Kallio

Kallio New Member

I'm still going with belt... I mean think of it from a practical point of view. Who wants to carry a cane or a stick with them every time they leave the house?! I know I for one wouldn't... Imagine you're out on a date or something, you wouldn't carry them then would you?

19. Stolenbjorn

Well since the last time I posted, my little town (only some 15000 inhabitants) have seen two incidents of streatfights where iron pipes were used... The first incident was when a 16year old sent a 20 year old to the hospital with serious head damage; the secon one was yesterday, when two women showed up at some guys flat to vengeance somthing... It seems that theese people don't agree with you in that sticks and canes aren't useable ;)

Last edited: Oct 30, 2004
  20. Luke_101

Luke_101 Valued Member

lol, pencils dont contain lead