What do you think about warm ups?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by therailnutter, Apr 30, 2004.

1. therailnutter

therailnutter New Member

i never really warm up before i train because in a real fight you never get the chance to warm up.

what are your opinions?

2. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

True, you don't get the chance to warm up before a fight. Technically correct answer, if somewhat flawed..

The point of warning up isn't to defend yourself. Its to prepare your msucles for whats to come, prevent injurys, aid muscle recovery and its also been proven to increase gains in a workout (Muscle and Fitness, 2003 Dec issue)

Which is why you should do it when you can.

3. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

In a real fight, you are fighting, not training! :)

4. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Mine?

If you want to be in better shape, stronger, tougher, and better able to fight ... warm up before you train!

5. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

I'm with KC.

Warm up means you stretch, exercise and train more efficiently, broadening you ability to perform 'from cold'.

No warmup = inevitable injury = silly.

6. therailnutter

therailnutter New Member

Well i dont warm or strech or anything until after training a little while, that way you can get more out of the warmup/strech.

please tell me that makes sense.

?????

i just dont want my body to get used to usually functioning at its maximum if i have to warm up before hand.

but hey i respect everybody elses ideas on the subject

Last edited: May 1, 2004
  7. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

What we're saying is; You'll have a better maximum performance if you can train harder as a result of a warmup!

Proper stretching routines mean you can access the majority of your flexibility from cold.

Applying brute strength requires no warm up.

Training effectively for strength and/or flexibility require that your muscles are warmed up.

8. therailnutter

therailnutter New Member

well i jog before i train if you were thinking that that is included in warmups then that is fine. i aggree with you most def

hmmmm
    it just depends on what you call a warmup

9. therailnutter

therailnutter New Member

anyway this should be on the ninjutsu board

(that way more people would understand what i was talking about) haha

10. semphoon

semphoon walk idiot, walk.

We have a winner.

*applause.

11. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

nah, I highly doubt it ... (but then again maybe so?)

Best it stays here in this forum where I moved it. Seems training is training ... why is ninjutsu any more different as far as warming up before training?

Make me understand would you? :)