what do you guys think of the skills of these fighters

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by mai tai, Sep 25, 2007.

1. mai tai

mai tai Valued Member

give a critque on this fight
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oejU60qT1tY"]Muay Thai vs. SAVATE - YouTube[/ame]

2. KempoFist

KempoFist Attention Whore

Both had pretty clean technique. Savate guy had crazy fast legs.

3. hux

hux ya, whatever.

Looked like the Savate guy had stronger/cleaner technique under pressure - the MT dude was throwing arm punches a lot of the time. he(MT) sure got leveled with that kick(knee?) at the end..ow.

MT guy was checking those leg kicks real nice though. I'm still rubbing my shins just from watching.

4. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

I agree with that. Did you see the Savate guy do that jumping spinning kick out of the clinch! :eek:

Also, with the 'Savate' guy coming out of the Inosanto Academy, I find itdoubtful that any MT strategy/technique would have been much of a suprise.

Good find :)

5. beeran1

beeran1 Valued Member

Slight advantage for the Savate guy to be wearing those hard-toed shoes...

6. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Who was the MT fighter? Anyone have a name or record for him?

He certainly didn't seem know much about throwing kicks or knees or for that matter clinches. For the amount of time he had the Savate guy on the ropes covered up he didn't manage to inflict much damage. His shots to the body were either poor or non-existent. He didn't even manage to string together a solid combo of punches and kicks!!!

The Savate guy landed beautiful shots that put the MT guy on the canvas. MT guy gets respect for being in their... but I'd really be curious to see who he's fought before... he sure didn't seem up for low kicks or knees or clinch. He seemed to show up for boxing... but not really that either.

7. hux

hux ya, whatever.

come on man, that win had nothing to do with shoes. give credit where it's due. ;)

8. Satori81

Satori81 Never Forget...

The Savate guy had excellent mobility, while the Muay Thai guy had great power.

Good clip! I enjoyed seeing two very different styles and tactics clash.

9. JaxMMA

JaxMMA Feeling lucky, punk?

The MT guy got knocked the F out :woo: