What do you guys think about Obama's Win?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by RyuNovanter, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

With Angry White Men becoming the minority the republicans are going to find it increasing difficult to get a president elected.

The Bear.

2. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

That could be why the USA is in decline and China is about to become the worlds biggest economy. In China they seem to understand it's good business to care. :)

Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  3. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

The idea of that being true is terrifying - fortunately it seems that it only applies to republicans.

Just a few other things I wonder about:

- You do know that the USA is not only not the largest country, but actually has a fairly small population in world terms, despite the large amount of territory?
    - You are aware that the USA's economy is second (in terms of places of comparable area rather than individual nations), and is set to become third as China grows?
    - Your army's basic training is one of the shortest among developed countries?

So you'd rather be associated with the preachers who claim Sandy was punishment for homosexuality?

Yes, many people do associate those preachers with republicans, at least internationally, because we can recognise the same breed of lunacy between them.

4. Obewan

Obewan "Hillbilly Jedi"

Sorry for that post everyone. I was working with my home chemistry kit at the time I was turning Beer into urine. I had my beer muscles on. Not an excuse, and truthfully I don't feel that way. And yea not cool at all.

5. OwlMAtt

OwlMAtt Armed and Scrupulous

A few other things I took away from this election:
    (1) Liberals were so afraid that the Citizens United ruling would allow big corporations to buy elections. They certainly tried to buy Romney the election, but it simply didn't work. Apparently, it takes more than money--even vast, unprecedented gobs of money--to win an election.
    (2) The fact that Romney, a relatively moderate Mormon, was nominated at all is a sign that the conservative Christian vote is not what it used to be in the United States. But in case anyone was still wondering, they all eventually got in line behind Romney and he still lost.

6. jorvik

jorvik Valued Member

This is a good video concerning the fiscal cliff, and is pretty evenhanded, laying the most blame of Bush for his foolish war making policies

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2XRxSdeFVY"]Fiscal Cliff Explained - How Do We Land? Mike Maloney Gold & Silver Inc - YouTube[/ame]

7. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

I have to say, I am thoroughly enjoying people's misery over the election. From Facebook posts of having to buy bulk ammo and non-perishables and people on friend lists being deleted because they voted for Obama, to youtube rants such as shellymicAB (if you look this up, 25 minute rage rant with strong language). It's beautiful, it really is. I would think the same if Romney was elected and Obama supporters were doing the same. It's just wonderful to watch people, because deep down I know that my thoughts of "you have the minimal information on any political/local/world topic you are claiming for your opinion" is probably right, and that most of what is said is so full of confidence, entitlement, and feeling of superiority coming from people who think liking/sharing posts is "doing their part."

Oh the joys of giving no cares along with the over-confidence that you will push forward and succeed in your own life regardless.

8. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

The most civilised countries in the world are those which are the most centralist and moderate - the moment you see extremists in a country (no matter what they're ranting about) is when you should start worrying about it's health - especially if the reaction to them is anything but mild pity and disgust.

9. Razgriz

Razgriz Valued Member

Something that I find strange is, republicans calling themselves conservatives.
    When they are talking about change?

The idea of conservatisim is to maintain the norms of the establishment.

Raz

10. Ero-Sennin

What in the world is an appropriate reaction to them beyond mild pity and disgust? Do you suggest people start being hunted down or put into concentration camps for being looney?

11. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

You need to re-read the sentence I wrote.

I was suggesting that there is no other appropriate reaction, and that if there is another reaction (whether hunting down, or condoning) you really need to start looking into ways out of the country.

12. Ero-Sennin

Whoops, I put in "nothing" in place of "anything" in "especially if the reaction to them is anything but mild pity and disgust." As you can see that changes the meaning a little but I'm definitely at fault here. I'm starting school up in January though, so my reading comprehension is going to better!

13. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

No problem, everyone slips up now and then.

14. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

i got a fb friend i added who wrote she wanted to move to australia or canada because of obama win. I wrote you wouldnt like us. We're not conservative.

How else to respond to peeps for being rather dumb??

15. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

You should have told her Canada has proper social health care. ;)

16. Considered

Considered New Member

I only just found out what the president is for!

17. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

They want

- small governmanet, but they also want government to control women's bedroom activities.
    - less spending, but they also want more military budget.

18. melbgoju

melbgoju Valued Member

I think it's because of a hoax email that has been doing the rounds for the last dozen years or so, that is variously titled as from the Prime Minister of Canada/Australia/some other country that is in essence an anti-islamic, pro-religion, anti-gun control rant. There's an article on just this here.

19. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

ahahaha :p

20. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

I also thought Canada has more gun control. They won't let me to bring in my Colt 45 at the Category airport even after I told them that they have too many grazzly bears in their country.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2012