What do we think of this organisation?

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by SirVill, Jun 8, 2007.

1. SirVill

SirVill Valued Member

Given all the lineage controversy, a "Traditional Chinese Martial Arts Association" sounds like a good idea, huh?

http://www.satirio.com/ma/home.html

This site any good? I mean, I realise its probably confined to the most major kung fu styles, but if its correct then it would be a good starting point for authenticating any claims of lineage to these main arts.

So does it look ok? Looks good to me, but I'm no expert. Also looks to be largely a work in progress.

(if this passes muster with most of you, I'll get the lovely Su Lin to move this to the resource forum I guess.)

2. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Hmmm why does it need to go into the resource forum? Anyone here go to any of those classes?

3. SirVill

SirVill Valued Member

Oh... I thought the resource forum was for information in general, as opposed to discussion on issues in the main forum.

If its just for information relating to classes currently being practiced by MAP practitioners, then I stand corrected and its fine here. :D

4. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

I didn't say no, I'll just have to have a proper look at the site,as it may look as though it is being advertised. Resource is more for "style" info in general rather than specific associations,if you get what I mean

5. SirVill

SirVill Valued Member

Ah right, yeah for sure.

Well I'm not to interested in the organisation per se, just the information it has on various Kung Fu styles.

If you think it wouldn't be appropriate to have a website from an organisation in there I totally understand.

Hell it may turn out to be garbage anyway. :D

6. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

I just had a look at it, and tbh I dont really want to go promoting it. Yeah, there is some interesting stuff on there that could certainly added to the styles info.

7. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

Sifu Wu posts alot on the KFM forum (he's Shaolin Master for all you KFMers), and he is a mine of information which he's very generous with. The site has good info on less common northern styles, and good video clips. The downside is he's a busy guy and travels a lot, so it's always got more to be done. His Youtube channel is a good one to subscribe to.

8. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Thanks for the info Ben, the name rings a bell . Yeah the site has lots of info but Im not keen on just posting a website on the resource forum. It may be worth me compiling a list of useful and interesting sites with info on over on the resource area, but need to be careful as MAP has a no free advertising policy.