what do u think??

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by known, Jun 10, 2003.

1. known

known New Member

hey,
    i'm confused i cant start a martial art untill i'm sure which one i want to chosee, can someone give an over all summery over either ju jitisu, kickboxing or kung fu. plz tell me whats your favourite and why and any opinins would be great.
    thank you
    c ya:Angel:

2. Telsun

Telsun Valued Member

There is a similar thread to this called Teachers Summer Vacation.

However.
    What are you looking for from the art?
    I can't really give an overview because I only have limited knowledge in other arts than karate. Personally though I would suggest Jujitsu. It is an alround art that includes most aspects of fighting.
    But like I said depends what you're looking for. You must have something in mind.
    If you don't know what you're looking for or have anything in mind then may I ask why you would like to practice a martial art?
    Please, this is a polite question, do not take it offensively. It will help people make suggestions to you.

3. known

known New Member

hey,
    no offence taking, i see your point and i think your right, i will try ju jitisu first that is the one that appeals to me, so if i like it i will take it up. but theres alot of buts so i'm just going to shut up and go for one.
    c ya

4. JediMasterChris

JediMasterChris Columbo

You asked this in three different sub-forums known!!!! Keep it to one! :yeleyes:

5. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Agreed - If I see multiple posts of the same topic again (aka SPAM) I'll delete 'em ALL.

Muhahahahahaaaa..... POWER Muhahahahahaaaaaaaaaa........

6. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

I'm going to wax lyrical over kickboxing.

7. YODA

Keep yer wax to yourself :p

8. known

known New Member

lol,
    u got al power nd ill i can do is give out ha ha that can annoy anyone. lol
    c ya

9. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Hard to answer, I'd pick the best club.

But kickboxing will probably be the hardest, but lacking the groundfighting of Jujitsu, what sort of Kung Fu is it? If its Tai Chi, that is generally practiced as the health side.

The answer must come before the question :D

10. YODA

Hey Known - I think something is wrong with your keyboard :p

11. morphus

morphus Doobrey

Spelling apart - i'd say Ju Jitsu, this art usually combines a decent mix of striking, kicking, locks, throws & groundwork. BUT it can depend on the instructor or/& the syllabus - Look for a good class it can also depend on what area you're in - a member on the site might know a good instructor in YOUR area. State where you're from & ask the question!;)

12. AsSaSiN

AsSaSiN New Member

You sir, are the pinnacle of evilness:yeleyes:

13. YODA

It's a dirty job but I LOVE IT :D

14. Cain

Cain New Member

Speaking of which Yoda, methinks you are one of the lightest mods in here :D

Of all the time I am in here I have seen you just once in your moderating glory :eek:

Ok,ok, this is a troll post :D

ps - he was real heavy that once

|Cain|

15. jejanim

jejanim New Member

Jiu Jitsu is a submission style martial art. you'll be on the ground trying to break limbs or choke someone out. its amazin. kung fu is probably the best martial art out there. but beware, there are many..many different styles and almost all of them take a long time to learn. you'd better be very patient. kickboxing is a lot of exercise, a lot of work and a lot of pain. but it will probably serve you the best. everything you learn can be used in a real life altercation and it will only take you a year or two to be able to hold your own in a fight. ive taken kickboxing, a bit of kung fu and im now taking a form of Jiu Jitsu..i have a real good idea of what they all involve. good luck and pick your dojang carefully.

jeja

16. Sambo Master

Sambo Master Banned Banned

I would do both kickboxing and ju-jitsu because your getting the best of a submission art and a strike art.
    anything like kun-fu or karate is near enough fake and coreographed. it doesnt work in the streets i have tried.
    i and a combatsombo, ju-jitsu, and boxing and kickboxing practisioner and i am prowd of them.