What do I need to know for yellow belt

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by brookieeto, Apr 11, 2014.

1. brookieeto

brookieeto New Member

Hi everyone, I just found out that I passed my grading and got yellow belt
    I was wondering what things and techniques I would need to know throughout class.
    I practice in WTF Taekwondo and i have taugh my self how to execute pattern 2 (Taguk I Jang).
    Ad also how do I get more flexible, I practice everyday and try to stretch everyday but I am still not so flexible.
    Thanks for your replies!

2. EmptyHandGuy

EmptyHandGuy Valued Member

Depends which association your with as there can be some variation within the WTF syllabus. British Taekwondo (formely BTCB) syllabus seems to be pretty generic for WTF which you can find here.

As for stretching, this guy seems to be pretty good at his stuff:

[ame="www.youtube.com/watch?v=jO84APlNN9s"]Flexibility for Martial Arts Tutorial (Get High Kicks/Splits) - YouTube[/ame]

You could do a search for stretching on MAP as there are many posts which go into great detail which would be of great benefit to your stretching regime.

3. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

First off, hullo!

Second, congratulations on getting your yellow belt :)

As far as flexibility goes, don't expect any progressions to be quick. Like all good things, it will take time and isn't worth rushing. Some gentle stretching every day would be a big help though.

I do believe our very own VanZandt on this forum has a flexibility guide that might be worth looking at. If I can remember what it's called or where it is, I'll link it :)

4. mjl

mjl ITF Taekwon-Do (1st Dan)

I asked similar here for flexibilty: http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120329 and some very useful responses.

I have been stretching in my spare time when muscle recovery allows (around my TKD sessions which are quite intense of course), and have noticed a small improvement over the last month. It's a long road.

5. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

For all your grading-related question, the answer is always the same: don't ask us, ask your teacher! Nobody will know better than them what your examiner will ask you to do. Their job is to prepare you for your grading.