What do I do with these?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Saz, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Socrastein

Socrastein The Boxing Philosopher

I'm sorry but I have to disagree. That was a pretty ridiculous complex if you ask me. The upright rows, the closed stance quarter squats... no thanks.

One of the most important things to remember when you use complexes is that the load is limited by your weakest movement. That complex had some weak-ass movements, which meant that the stronger movements, like the squat and the deadlift, were rendered useless by inadequate loading.

Not to mention Coutre's wussy range of motion - please don't imitate it. I bet he only brought his arms to 90 degrees with the overhead presses to save his shoulders, which would be quite baffling considering that he performs them after his upright rows.

2. tetsu ryu

tetsu ryu Death is always a option!

I agree! Crossfit is an excellent place to start any training program! :p
    Also.. You should put all of the weight on one end of the barbell and swing it around like a sword near your mother's fine china. She'll be so proud! :love:

3. Colucci

Colucci My buddies call me Chris.

All the usual exercises would be fine (squats, deadlifts, presses, and rows), but of course do only what you can within your current range of motion. You may also want to focus more on unilateral exercises (one limb at a time). So things like lunges, step-ups, 1-arm presses and/or rows, 1-leg deadlifts, etc.

I'd actually prefer you unsort it. Especially if you're coming back from an injury, I wouldn't recommend full-throttle Tabatas until you're 100% healthy. Standard intervals would be preferred. Something like X seconds fast, 2X slow. Or with an elliptical, I love using directional intervals: 1 minute pedaling forwards, 1 minute pedaling backwards for 10-20 minutes. Send me hate mail in the morning. ;)

4. nready

nready Verifying DMI pool....

I actually do it to help the muscles warm up! Than do the stretches! Plus I don't have weights I use the old style of cinder blocks. What would work should to get some size and strength at age 40 - weight 220lbs. I want to increase size in the shoulder and lower/mid back. I have always wanted a hamstring extension thing.