What characters were your childhood hero's?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Dead_pool, Apr 28, 2021.

1. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

And the nasty guard in The Shawshank redemption and the nasty Drill Sergeant in Starship troopers. Clancy Brown is pretty much great in everything even if the film itself might not be that good.

Dead_pool and David Harrison like this.
  2. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Lest we forget

axelb and Dead_pool like this.
  3. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Read all the Conan books when I was a kid and they are still some of my favourite stories. Although I always knew I'd never be a Conan-esque figure (is anyone?) so never really identified with him fully.

Dead_pool likes this.
  4. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

Kwai Chang Caine and then, totally by accident, seeing a friend of mine in a Jujutsu demo...in Liberty Tree Mall in Massachusetts. Next thing you know, I was in Jujutsu, Japanese Jujutsu... BJJ did not exist yet, as far as I know, at least no one had heard of it at that time. Bruce Lee became a hero after I start Jujutsu (Spelled Jiujutsu then). But Batman predates them all :)

axelb and Dead_pool like this.
  5. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Have you read the rest of Howard's non Conan stories? They're a mixed bag, but there's some fantastic Conan like stories available too.

"In the old free days all I wanted was a sharp sword and a straight path to my enemies. Now no paths are straight and my sword is useless.
    Robert E. Howard, "

You gotta love the quality of Howard's writing, which is ironic considering it's supposed to be "just" pulp fiction.