What bodypart would you strike first ???

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by Jesh, Jul 16, 2005.

?

What bodypart would you strike first ???

1. Head

20 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Torso

3 vote(s)
    5.0%
  3. Arms/Hands

30 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. Legs

7 vote(s)
    11.7%
  1. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

Hey, Ah! good Iv'e got your attention. Just a minor detail here and you may not have noticed that this is an FMA thread. We don't need to condition our hands on a wall bag for one very good reason.

WE USE WEAPONS:bang: AND WHEN WE DON'T HAVE ONE WE WILL FIND ONE:D

Best regards

Pat

2. soon

soon New Member

Break out the weps every time!!!! That'll learn 'em some damned respect!! :D

3. minibruce757

minibruce757 New Member

well, the obvious answer here of course would be the head. for me it all depends on the situation. if they're a slow/dumb fighter then ill definitely go for a hard hit to the temple or right across the nose and eyes. if they keep trying to grab me or they use hands a lot then ill put on some grappling moves...and so on...but the most likely place thats im gonna go for is the torso, since thats the biggest area. one thing that almost always works is to throw a fake out towards the opponents face, and when they put up their hands to block it just beat the hell out of the torso...usually u can get in 3 punches or a lot more if your fast

4. shootodog

shootodog restless native

hey bud. read pat's post.

5. RedBagani

RedBagani Valued Member

Tsk.Tsk.Tsk. I am surprised that so many respected instructors have recommended techniques that are really impractical. Just take a look at one post.

Such techniques require fine motor skills that have been proven to be useless in a fight. As for those Dim Mak-type techniques...how useless!!!

The way to do it gentleman, is to first grip your weapon at the handle with the strong hand, and grip the middle of the stick with the other hand. Ask your opponent to turn around, bend over, then.... Wham!! Works ANYTIME, ALL the time.

6. Pat OMalley

:eek: :eek: :cry:

7. Raymund Suba

Raymund Suba Valued Member

depends on what the encounter was about. IF it's just sport arnis then; when I'm feeling a little mean I make a feint to the face and hit him across the kneecap. Gives a nice squshy feeling the whole day. Lack of good leg work makes his next few strikes relatively easy to deal with.

Most of the time I just hit the area next to the knee. Friend of mine did it once in a tournament, I think. Did wonders even though they were just using a padded stick.

Eyes and hand (prefferably in that order, but I'll take what I can :D ) if its for real...

8. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

and if you cant find one, you make one there and then....right?? :D :D

9. medi

medi Sadly Passed Away - RIP

I prefer to hit the road

*rimshot*

Gosh I'm so wise

10. rtkd-badger

rtkd-badger Fundimentaly Manipulated

You worry me :cool:

11. Pat OMalley

And what has the road ever done to you:p

12. Brunstick

Brunstick (^_^) I need a girlfriend

yes. yes i am. haha! everyone says it, so it must be true right? :D

-nico-

13. Bil Gee

Bil Gee Thug

Good point, sorry for cross posting, I picked it up from the "New Posts" link:)

14. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

Fork in eye.

15. Brunstick

Brunstick (^_^) I need a girlfriend

wouldn't you rather use a spork instead? a fork is just limited to stabbing, whereas a spork can be used both as a stabbing weapon, and a scooping weapon. :p :D :D :D

-nico-

16. Slindsay

TFS (Traditional Fork Stabbing) is far superior to MSS (Mixed Spork Stabbing) as are techniques are to deadly to compete with, Sporking is just for cage fights!

17. danege

danege New Member

But MSS has nothing new in it and TFS's dont learn the "aincent d3adly secrets" to use in the puny ring remember. :p :woo: :eek:

18. Jesh

Jesh Dutch Side Of The Force

Thanks for putting this thread back on point :D...

Slindsay, Fork Master Extraordinaire...
    No, but seriously... does your mother/wife have any silverwear left ???

19. Slindsay

I live in a student house, it's actually becoming quite difficult to find ANY form of cutlery thats clean. On the upside anyone I stab with a forks probably going to get some fairly virulent and obscure infections.

20. BobM

BobM New Member

Like a lot of the FMA guy's start at the hand /arms then see what comes.

Bob :)

Last edited: Jul 19, 2005