What bodypart would you strike first ???

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by Jesh, Jul 16, 2005.

?

What bodypart would you strike first ???

1. Head

20 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Torso

3 vote(s)
    5.0%
  3. Arms/Hands

30 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. Legs

7 vote(s)
    11.7%
  1. Jesh

Jesh Dutch Side Of The Force

Ok, so I'm interested in the outcome of this poll...
    If you had to choose one bodypart you strike first, which one would it be ???

(Of course I mean with your weapon, but in a FMA thread I felt that this didn't need clarification :D)

Last edited: Jul 16, 2005
  2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

The closest.

3. soon

soon New Member

slapped ****!

4. Peter Bradbury

Peter Bradbury Valued Member

im going with yoda on this one, which evers closet and i can reach best. i supose my prefrence would be hands or arms, as if you disable them you cant hit them. although legs do stop them chasing you.

5. Bil Gee

Bil Gee Thug

I would always go for the head, whenever there was a possiblity.

6. Jesh

I was thinking of including that too as an option ;) But that would have led to excessive off-topic discussion :D

7. rtkd-badger

rtkd-badger Fundimentaly Manipulated

Whatever was available, more than likely the torso, head is too hard and more likely to break your hand. Torso is a large area and harder to cover up.

8. rick_nz

rick_nz Valued Member

The closest ,which 9 out of 10 times would be the arm/hands...

9. Diego_Vega

Diego_Vega Frustrated pacifist

.5 centimeters above where his thumbnail ends on his right thumb, irrespective of whether he's right or left handed :D

If for some bizarre reason, and the fantastically unlikely happens and I miss that spot, I will politely ask him to stand still so I can circle to his back and attack bladder meridian #12, the feng men (or "wind gate") point. This should cause his lungs to contract and cause death, if I attack heavily (probably!!!), or just unconsciousness, if I choose to attack moderately. :D

Last edited: Jul 17, 2005
  10. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

But surely Diego - that would only work at 3:47pm - on a Wednesday? :p

11. rtkd-badger

Do you know anything :cool: Its 4:27 on Tuesday and it has to be on a new moon.
    [shakehead] phht, amatures[/shakehead]

12. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

Like many have said I would go for what ever was nearest me at the time, but invariably this would be the arms and hands so, I suppose nine times out of ten at the start of a confrontation Arms and Hands it has to be.

I normally find that when I hit the head with my STICK it does not hurt my hand at all.:D

Tsk, tsk, tsk, now that is if you hit them with your hand, but if you hit them with your stick to the same area we all know it only works on a Monday evening at 8:49pm and there has to be a cloud drifting over a slightly red moon. Tsk, Tsk, semi pros:rolleyes:

Best regards

Pat

13. Brunstick

Brunstick (^_^) I need a girlfriend

i'd definitely hit what was closest to me. :D i also like going for toes, but that's just a foot fetish. lol :p

-nico-

14. rtkd-badger

Hmmmmmmmmm, ok Pat I have to agree :cool:But, I dont know how to use a stick properly :D
    If you would get your ass over here to oz and get established then we would be able to change the situation.

15. Diego_Vega

You are a sick man nico.

16. Diego_Vega

Taken from Jerry Alan Johnson's, The Essence of Internal Martial Arts, Vol. 1. p. 233.

If any of you ever spar against me, don't say I didn't warn you :eek:

17. Bil Gee

Bil Gee Thug

That's why I spend some time every day punching a wall bag and conditioning my hand and wrists. The idea of not hitting someone's head in a fight seems a little bizzare to me.

18. lhommedieu

lhommedieu Valued Member

Which body part to strike first

Head shot at 700 yards...

Best,

Steve

19. Jesh

That is considered cheating and will get you banned permanently :p.

20. littlebadboy

littlebadboy Valued Member

hit the balls!