What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by YODA, Apr 1, 2003.

1. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

2. Xue Sheng

3. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Rush - Power Windows
    Another classic from 1985. It was this tour that I saw my first Rush concert. Similar sound as their previous 2 albums although each had a different producer. The big money, Manhattan project, Territories, Mystic rhythms.

Xue Sheng likes this.
  4. Xue Sheng

I think that was the last time I saw them on tour

5. Xue Sheng

6. Xue Sheng

It's cold and it snowed...which every year, tends to kick in my need to listen to a whole lot of classical music. Specifically some from the Renaissance era, and a lot from the Baroque and Classical Eras

7. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Rush - Hold your Fire
    This 1987 record was the 12th studio release from the boys. Probably wouldn't be in my top 10 Rush albums but good stuff nonetheless. Force ten, Open secrets, Lock and key, High water, Time stands still (featuring Aimee mann....The only rush song to feature a guest vocalist).

8. Xue Sheng

Anth likes this.
  9. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

I watched one of my favourite films again earlier so I've got the soundtrack stuck in my head -

10. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Johnny Cash - The Essential Johnny Cash(disc 1)
    First of a 2-cd collection from the man in black. I have accused myself of using terms like "legend" and "icon" too often but i'm sure all would agree that those terms as well as American Treasure apply to Mr. John R. Cash. Cry,cry,cry, I walk the line, I still miss someone, Ring of fire, There you go, Tennessee flat-top box.

11. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Johnny Cash - The Essential Johnny Cash(disc 2)
    2nd half of grt hits collection from Johnny. It ain't me babe, Jackson(w/June), Girl from the north country(w/B.Dylan), Folsom prison blues, Man in black, The night Hank Williams came to town(w/Waylon), Ghost riders in the sky.

12. Xue Sheng

Well, I just listened to this

now listening to this

13. Xue Sheng

14. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Rush - Presto
    Last cd of the 80's by the boys and it's another gem. This one is my fave since moving pictures. Got to see them twice on this tour. Show don't tell, Chain lightning, The pass(best song on disc), Presto, Superconductor, Available light(an overlooked masterpiece).

15. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Catherine Wheel - Ferment
    This cd came out in 1992, a time when I was almost exclusively listening to alt-rock music like this. A couple of the songs were getting a lot of play on mtv(120 minutes, alternative nation) and fm radio. A couple of decades later I nabbed this baby at a discount price and brought back some good memories. Texture, I want to touch you, Black metallic, Flower to hide, Tumbledown.

16. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Rush - Roll The Bones
    First cd of the 90's for Alex, Geddy & Neil. Features Dreamline, Bravado, Roll the bones(including Geddy rapping), Where's my thing?(first instrumental since yyz on moving pictures....and i love Rush instrumentals), Ghost of a chance(Alex said this might be his finest guitar work). And yes...i did see them on this tour.

17. Xue Sheng

18. Xue Sheng

19. Xue Sheng

also just came accross this by accident... thought maybe others would enjoy it

Grond likes this.
  20. Xue Sheng