What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by YODA, Apr 1, 2003.

1. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

forgot all about this song...heard it on the radio the other day (Part 1) and I am so glad I did.... but it has been running through my head ever since

Grond and wcrane like this.
  2. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

B-Tribe - Suave Suave
    I really like these guys. Great blend of Ambient Chill music with Flamenco Guitar. Hablando, Albatross, Te siento, Nanita, Sensual.

Grond likes this.
  3. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Disco Super Hits - Various Artists
    Disco may be long gone but some classic grooves will live forever. Love train(The O'jays), The groove line(Heatwave), Dazz(Brick), Lovergirl(Teena Marie), Black Betty(Ram Jam).

Grond likes this.
  4. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Perfect fight training song for the weekend. I did 30 minutes of HIIT followed by an hour of LSD to this song, on repeat. It's got that Eye of the Tiger rhythm.

I get serious Alien vs. Predator vibes watching this video. Something about her hair and the breathing mask.

That kick at precisely 3 minutes in though, damn. I wish I could kick like that, sadly I'm simply a Tai Chi boxer.

5. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Paul Avgerinos - Garden Of Delight
    Some beautiful chill/world music with a strong middle-eastern flavor. Not everyones cup of tea but if you like mellow instrumental music give this a listen. Rose of heaven, Stargazer, Passion flower, Garden of delight, Jasmine.

6. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

Just heard this tonight, I was a big fan of Metallica but as they got bigger and bigger and seemed to get caught up in their own fame I lost interest sometime around the album Reload. But this some reminds me of when I saw them play in a nightclub that was a converted bowling alley during thier ride the lightning tour....old school Metallica..on their newest album

Grond likes this.
  7. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Queensryche - Sign Of The Times
    Greatest hits collection by one of the best rock bands of their era. Great songs, musicianship and vocals. I should really listen to this cd more often. I don't believe in love, Eyes of a stranger, Silent lucidity, Jet city woman, Another rainy night without you, I am I, Some people fly.

Grond likes this.
  8. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

B-Tribe - Sensual Sensual
    More beautiful Flamenco Chill music from the tribe. Great music to relax to or for romantic mood music. This is my fave B-Tribe cd of the 3 that I own. Alegria, Sometimes, Hablame, Zapateado, Desesperada, Ultima cancion.

9. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

B-Tribe - Spiritual Spiritual
    As the title suggests a little mellower collection of songs with a meditative feel to it. Not sure how I got turned onto the Tribe but i'm sure glad I did. La Guitarra, Sketches of St. Antoni, Sunset in St. Carlos, She moves through the fair, Las Salinas.

10. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Fuzz is an amazing old school dirgey guitar band I just discovered.

Hear it
    Listen to it
    Walk away
    Feel it
    Let it live in yesterday

11. Grond

Grond Valued Member

12. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

The B-52's - Tim Capsule (best of)
    Songs that sound a little corny and dated with time but still love the energy and fun. If listening to Rock Lobster and flashbacking to the Love Shack video doesn't put a smile on your face then it's time to hang it up. Rock lobster, Private Idaho, Deadbeat club, Love shack, Roam, Good stuff, Planet Claire.

13. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Just discovered this, perfect for R&R time.

14. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

The Hu make me want to quit my job, buy a small hairy pony and take off across the steppes to conquer the known world...

and the remix

Mitch and Grond like this.
  15. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Radiohead - Pablo Honey
    Solid 1993 debut from a band that become quite popular. You, Creep, Stop whispering, Anyone can play guitar, Vegetable, Blow out. Can't listen to Creep without flashbacking to Beavis and Butt-head going off on the guitar riff.

Grond likes this.
  16. Grond

Grond Valued Member

I saw Lacuna Coil many years ago at a music festival. One of the best bands of that era.

This is one of those darkness-to-light albums you put on to feel better about whatever.

When I first saw the music video I kept laughing. All I want to do is fix the lead singer's boxing wraps. :D. Great effect, never seen that before.

Frodocious likes this.
  17. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Bad Company - 10 From 6
    10 classic tracks from Paul Rodgers and the boys. Bad Co. is one of those bands that just sound better with time. Of course my only complaint here is that limiting tnis cd to tracks leaves off some hits. Omitted from this collection is Gone,gone,gone, Silver blue and gold, Good lovin' gone bad. Included is Can't get enough, Run with the pack, Movin' on, Bad company, Rock n Roll fantasy, Ready for love.

Grond likes this.
  18. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Radiohead - The Bends
    Good second effort from top 90's band. Kinda lost track of these guys after this one...seems their music got a little weird after this cd from what I remember. Every track on this record is good. The bends, High and dry, Black star, Just, Bones.

Grond likes this.
  19. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Bad Company - Dangerous Age
    After Paul Rodgers left the band he was replaced by vocalist Brian Howe. This is the 2nd record to feature Howe and the first without bassist and original member Boz Burrell. While it is a good recording overall it just doesn't hold up to the Rodgers era Bad Co. music. One night, No smoke without a fire, Bad man, Dangerous age, Dirty boy.

Grond likes this.
  20. Grond

Grond Valued Member

wcrane likes this.