What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by YODA, Apr 1, 2003.

1. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Nojon likes this.
  2. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

The Psychedelic Furs - Here Came The Psychedelic Furs(B Sides & Lost Grooves)
    For a true Psych furs fan as myself this is a nice addition to the collection. This is not what I would suggest as a first introduction to the band. As the title implies these are bonus tracks. includes covers(Mack the knife), Extended mixes of hits(Heartbreak beat, Shock, Goodbye),live recordings(No easy street, President gas) and some rarities and b-sides(New dream, Badman, I don't want to be your shadow).

Grond likes this.
  3. Grond

Grond Valued Member

“We are agents of the free.” best rock lyric ever.

axelb likes this.
  4. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Aswad - Best Of
    Crucial Reggae from one of my fave rasta bands. Aswad was one of the first Reggae bands I was introduced to and helped to get me hooked in. Back to Africa, Fire, Hooked on you, African children, Warrior charge.

5. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

Figured out something tonight while driving..... I'm getting old.... when I was younger, this song was the reason I always said I should never have.a motorcycle with a stereo (I did at one time by the way, but I never used it). Whenever I heard this song, I always ended up driving to fast. TYhis evening, I still enjoyed hearing it, but I had no desire to go faster while driving..... dang I'm old

6. Xue Sheng

Grond and wcrane like this.
  7. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

The Psychedelic Furs - World Outside
    The Furs put an end to their great run of music with this mediocre 1991 Cd. Some decent songs here but nothing on par with earlier releases from a great band. Until she comes, Valentine, There's a world, Better day, In my head.

8. Xue Sheng

9. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Puddle Of Mudd - Come Clean
    Seems like there was some really good Rock music made in the early 2000's. Terms like post-grunge and nu metal were used to describe it. A lot of it sounded similar but it had a good sound to it. The song "Blurry" was getting a lot of airplay and I decided to get this Cd. Good music then, still good today. Control, Blurry, She hates me, Never change, Basement.

10. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Pure Disco - Various Artists
    The name says it all...classic Disco-Era gold. Most of these songs sound a little(or a lot) cheesy or corny now but as someone who was in jr. high during the Saturday Night Fever-Disco craze it's kinda fun to listen to these memories occasionally. Not bad to work-out to as well. YMCA(village people), Hot stuff(Donna Summer), That's the way(KC and the sunshine band), If I can't have you(Yvonne Elliman), Don't leave me this way(Thelma Houston). And many more.

11. Grond

Grond Valued Member

12. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Audioslave - Audioslave
    This 2002 debut release is without a doubt one of the top Rock records of this milleneum. I liked Soundgarden, I liked Rage Against The Machine, I love Audioslave. Chris Cornell(R.I.P) is in my opinion one the best Rock voices of his time. I feel that his singing, as opposed to Zach's rapping, brought the musicianship to a new level and created this incredible sound. Cochise, Like a stone, set it off, Getaway car, I am the highway, Bring em back alive.

Grond likes this.
  13. Xue Sheng

14. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Audioslave - Out Of Exile
    Pound for pound I would say the debut CD is better, But this one is pretty damn good as well. Tom Morello creates some interesting sounds with his guitar on several tracks. Be yourself, Doesn't remind me, The worm, Dandelion, #1 zero, The curse, Yesterday to tomorrow.

Grond likes this.
  15. Xue Sheng

feeling nostalgic for my youth hanging around Boston

Grond likes this.
  16. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Pure Funk - Various Artists
    Solid gold Soul/Funk music. Mainly 70's hits..a few early 80's tracks as well. Can't help but flashback to watching American Bandstand and Soul Train listening to this CD. Lot's of good music. Jungle boogie(Kool and the Gang), Superfly(Curtis Mayfield), Shaft(Isaac Hayes), Lady marmalade(Labelle), Fire(Ohio Players), Back in love again(L.T.D).

Grond likes this.
  17. Xue Sheng

Don't know what possessed me this morning, but as I was waiting for my oldest to get ready for school I picked up my old Bass (which I have not touched in years, and I was never that good at playing) and started doing the riff from Peter Gun..and it has been running through my head all day. So I am listing to it now in hopes it makes it go away

Grond likes this.
  18. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

August Burns Red - Constellations
    Some very heavy,heavy,Christian Heavy Metal. It's as though Metallica and GWAR went to a week long Billy Graham crusade and decided to make a religious album. Not a big fan of the growling vocals but like the music and the lyrics are cool....you just have to read them cause you can't understand them in the song. Meridian, Meddler, Marianas trench, Indonesia, Paradox.

19. Grond

Grond Valued Member

I love the awesome simple songs with a single kickass riff and hot drum beat.

I was out grocery shopping and this came on the radio, came home and started training.

20. Xue Sheng