What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by YODA, Apr 1, 2003.

1. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Happy new year folks.

This is the sweetest, happiest song I know of.

2. Grond

Grond Valued Member

3. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

Grond and wcrane like this.
  4. Xue Sheng

Grond likes this.
  5. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Xue Sheng likes this.
  6. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Vicente Amigo - Vivencias Imaginadas
    Vicente and Tomatito are the best Flamenco Guitarists alive(that I know of anyways). I have been fortunate to see them both live a couple of times. This is an early Vicente CD(perhaps his first) and of course is nothing less than masterful guitar playing by one of the best.

Grond likes this.
  7. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Prince - Musicology
    2004 release of purple music heavy on the R/B sound. Jazz Sax fave Candy Dulfer appears quite a bit on this one. A million days, Call my name, Cinnamon girl, On the couch, Reflection.

Grond likes this.
  8. Nojon

Nojon Tha mo bhàta-foluaimein

The Chats- Struck by lightning.. vocals remind me of the Toy Dolls

Grond likes this.
  9. Xue Sheng

Grond likes this.
  10. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Vicente Amigo - Un Momento En El Sonido
    Love Flamenco Guitar music and Vicente is one of the best. Could listen to this all day...and the next.

Grond likes this.
  11. Grond

Grond Valued Member

12. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

The Psychedelic Furs - All Of This And Nothing
    Greatest hits from one of my top 5 80's bands. The furs sound defines the 80's for me along with the fixx, depeche mode, the cure and a few others. Love my way, Pretty in pink, The ghost in you, Heartbreak beat, Highwire days.

Grond likes this.
  13. Xue Sheng

Grond and Nojon like this.
  14. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe - ABWH
    Without Chris Squier they could not be called YES, so these yesmen recorded this CD using their last names for a band name. Goes without saying that this sounds like most Yes albums, at least the ones that these guys played on. Fist of fire, Brother of mine, Birthright, Teakbois.

Grond likes this.
  15. Xue Sheng

Interesting combination today

Grond likes this.
  16. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Anberlin - New Surrender
    This 2009 release was first introduced to me through The Spirit Rocks satellite radio network. I thought it sounded great and still does. Their sound is like a lot of the music of that time( alt-rock, a little emo-ish). The drummer keeps a strong beat, nice guitar work, and I really like the vocals. The resistance, Retrace, Feel good drag, Miseable visu, Soft skeletons.

Grond likes this.
  17. Nojon

Grond likes this.
  18. Nojon

This thread has been going on for quite a while. If Ive posted this earlier , Im sorry.
    Tv On The Radio as a backup band for Trent Reznor and Peter Murphy.

Grond likes this.
  19. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

I've been listening to Sabaton faaaar too much for the past few months so here's the tale of a bloke at the edge of madness who frankly enjoyed the war.

Grond likes this.
  20. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Asia - Asia
    The 2nd concert I ever went to was to see these guys touring to support this debut record. I was a huge fan of Yes and EL/P so naturaly I was instantly in love with this cassette and it was played in heavy rotation in the car stereo. Classic as it gets. Heat of the moment, Only time will tell, Sole survivor, Wildest dreams, without you.

Grond likes this.