What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by YODA, Apr 1, 2003.

1. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

The Steve Miller Band - Greatest Hits 1974-78
    One of the dominant forces of 70's rock radio. Lots of great catchy songs that are still pleasing to my ears. The joker, Jungle love, Fly like an eagle, Swingtown, Jet airliner, Serenade.

Grond likes this.
  2. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Robert Mirabal - Music From A Painted Cave
    Robert blends music from his Native American roots using flute, drums, and chanting with guitar and keyboards to create an audio masterpiece. I saw Mirabal perform these songs in concert on a PBS special some years back and enjoyed it so much that I bought this cd. I never grow tired of listening to this music. The dance, Medicine man, Painted caves, Drum battle, Shield dance.

Grond likes this.
  3. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Moby - Everything Is Wrong
    Somewhere around the mid-90's Moby's name kept surfacing as a music guy you had to check out...so I got this cd to hear what all the fuss was about. A nice mix of chill, ambient piano music and high energy, upbeat dance/techno music. Almost like 2 records in 1. Overall a good set of music. Everytime you touch me, Into the blue, Feeling so real, What love.

axelb and Grond like this.
  4. Grond

Grond Valued Member

axelb likes this.
  5. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Moby - Animal Rights
    After his successful debut cd Moby did a 180 and made a record of guitar heavy, punk influenced music. I liked his first cd so I bought this and was a little disappointed. Some decent tracks but not as good as Everything Is Wrong. You, Now I let it go, Say it's all mine, Alone, Face it.

6. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

Rain....and the occasional flood warning on TV its been raining for 2 days and is predicted to rain Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday next week

No worries though, if a flood reaches my house were talking time to build an ark and start collecting 2 of every animal

7. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

8. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Steve Winwood - Chronicles
    One of the best vocalist/keyboardist/songwriters of his time. Winwood rose to fame as a member of several legendary bands,Spencer Davis group, Traffic, and Blind Faith. This collection of songs highlights his solo career from the 80's. As with most greatest hits collections there are a couple noteable omissions but overall a nice set of music. While you see a chance, Valerie, Arc of a diver, Higher love, Talking back to the night.

9. Xue Sheng

10. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Stevie Wonder - The Definitive Collection
    A greatest hits collection that actually contains all his hits(at least that I can remember). My cherie amour, Superstition, Higher Ground, I wish, Overjoyed, and many more.

11. Xue Sheng

12. Grond

Grond Valued Member

13. Grond

Grond Valued Member

14. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Eddie Money - Sound Of Money(Greatest Hits)
    I still remember when 2 tickets to paradise was a huge hit on the radio, think I was in 6th grade. From that point on Eddie had a great run of hits and albums that went through the rest of the 70's and 80's. He was another one of those artists that everyone seemed to love. Sadly Eddie passed away in 2019 at the age of 70. The sound of money will always be a part of the soundtrack of my youth. Baby hold on, Two tickets to paradise, Shakin', Think I'm in love, Take me home tonight, No control.

15. Xue Sheng

16. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Thelonious Monk - Playlist(the very best of)
    Legendary, Iconic, Maestro, Allof the above. Could not consider any music collection complete without at least 1 Monk Cd. Listened to this late last night in my Lazy-Boy recliner drinking some good Bourbon. 'Round midnight, Blue Monk, Ruby my dear, Just a gigolo.

Grond likes this.
  17. Xue Sheng

18. Xue Sheng

19. Xue Sheng

20. Grond

Grond Valued Member