What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by YODA, Apr 1, 2003.

1. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Heard this song watching Billions the other night (what a great show and great music on that show!).

Haven't heard this since I literally bought the first Van Halen album, since it never really got much radio play. But easily, hands down, the best VH song next to Eruption, in my humble opinion.

Party on, dudes.

2. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Loretta Lynn - 22 Greatest Hits
    The original queen of country. Miss Loretta paved the way for other women to follow in country.Coal miner's daughter, You ain't woman enough to take my man, Blue kentucky girl, Don't come home a-drinkin'(with lovin on your mind), Fist city, Lead me on(with Conway Twitty).

Grond likes this.
  3. Grond

Grond Valued Member

4. Grond

Grond Valued Member

This song and video are simply amazing. New band out of Yorkshire, reminds me of old school post punk electronic funk.

5. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Velvet Revolver - Contraband
    Hard rock supergroup with Slash, Duff, and Matt sorum from Guns and roses, Scott weilend from Stone temple pilots put out this cd in 2004. Solid material as expected. Do it for the kids, Slither, Fall to pieces, Big machine, You got no right.

6. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

Grond likes this.
  7. Grond

Grond Valued Member

8. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Geddy Lee - My Favorite Headache
    Rush Bassist/Vocalist 2000 solo release. Being the voice of Rush it is understandable that this sounds a little Rush-ish. A solid cd and worthy of stand alone merit. My favorite headache, The present tense, Window to the world, Working at perfekt, Home on the strange. Although a Geddy solo set, still cant help but think about Neil.

Grond likes this.
  9. Grond

Grond Valued Member

10. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

The Verve Pipe - Villains
    Back in 1996 the song Photograph was getting some airplay and I really liked it, so I bought the cd and instantly fell in love with it. This cd was in heavy rotation in my truck for a while back then. Still sounds as good today. The freshmen, Photograph, Ominous man, Drive you mild, Reverend girl.

Grond likes this.
  11. Grond

Grond Valued Member

12. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

John Lennon - The John Lennon Collection
    More of a "Paul" guy in terms of post-Beatles work, but too many classic hits on this cd to not have it in my collection.Instant Karma, Mind Games, #9 dream, Imagine, Woman, Watching the wheels, I'm losing you. I'm so old that I still think the Beatles were the most important band in Rock/Pop history.

13. Grond

Grond Valued Member

14. Xue Sheng

15. Grond

Grond Valued Member

16. Xue Sheng

17. Xue Sheng

18. Grond

Grond Valued Member

19. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Victor - Victor
    1996 solo project by Rush Guitarist Alex Lifeson. Outside of the realm of Rush fans, Alex is a very underrated Guitarist. Some of my favorite Rush songs are the instrumentals, There are a few of those here as well as a couple of hard rockers, and a couple of tracks that sound very Rush-ish. Mr. X, Promise, Shut up shuttin' up, Strip and go naked, Start today,

20. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Has anyone else here gotten into Mammoth WVH? Eddie Van Halen and Valerie Bertinellis's son has debuted with an AMAZING album! He calls it Mammoth, but it is really all him. He wrote arranged, sang and played EVERY instrument on the album. And every song on it is solid! Something he plays with in a humorous way in the video I just posted here.

One of the best new acts to come out for us into hard rock. And he has a completely original sound. He isn't trying to copy his famous legendary father. I seriously recommend it!

Grond likes this.