What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by YODA, Apr 1, 2003.

1. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Yeah man it seems like a million years back. Before FB seemed to take over every living inch of people's lives.

axelb likes this.
  2. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

Whooooa! Hey Slip!!!

3. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Tony Toni Tone - Hits
    Solid Hip-Hop/Soul from Oakland Ca. band. Annie May, Little Walter, Feels good, Anniversary, The Blues, Let's get down.

4. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

5. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Toto - Past to present(1977-1990)
    Some of the best studio musicians came together in the mid-70's to form Toto. A few solid albums, many classic hits later this is the result. Features 4 previously unreleased (new at the time) songs featuring Jean-Michel Byron on vocals. Hold the line, Africa, 99, Pamela, Gorgy porgy, I'll be over you.

Grond likes this.
  6. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Journey - Escape
    After "Departure" and the subsequent live album "Captured" Gregg Rollie left Journey. In stepped Jonathan Cain who's songwriting and keyboarding playing helped create this iconic album. This cassette was played a million or so times as we cruised the avenue on friday and saturday nights in 1981.Don't stop believin', Stone in love, Who's crying now, Keep on runnin', Escape, Open arms.

7. Xue Sheng

8. Xue Sheng

Grond likes this.
  9. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Some proper music - Frank Klepacki's Hell March 2.

10. Xue Sheng

11. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Journey - Greatest Hits
    Classic Rock hit machine. Only the young, Ask the lonely, Send her my love, Girl can't help it, Seperate ways, Wheel in the sky, Who's crying now.

hewho likes this.
  12. Xue Sheng

Grond likes this.
  13. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

axelb likes this.
  14. Xue Sheng

Grond and axelb like this.
  15. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Touch - The Complete Works
    1981, second year of high school, 2 songs from this band were being played a little bit on the radio, I thought they were the coolest songs ever at that time. After that Touch seemed to disappear. A couple of decades later I found this Cd and still get a chill when I hear those songs. This 2 Cd set is the first 2 (and I believe only) releases by Touch with some bonus tracks. Don't you know what love is, When the spirit moves you, Black star, Far enough, My life depends on you, I found someone.

16. Xue Sheng

I must confess, I did not hear this on the radio, but it has been running in my head since last night, and considering some of the things I am facing (nothing life threatening, just stressful) it is very VERY helpful and appropriate. Have listened to this online twice since last night. What is interesting, and possibly a bit weird, I am not a big fan of Bob Marley, unless I am in Southern California of Florida, then he is pretty much all I want to listen to.

Grond likes this.
  17. Xue Sheng

Heard this today while driving the youngest to school. Also this is one of the songs I use to play on guitar in my misspent youth

I did not play this one

Grond likes this.
  18. Grond

Grond Valued Member

This is my favorite AC/DC tune. The live version on DVD at Donnington was unreal. "The Greatest Showman" has nothing on this guy.

Anth and Xue Sheng like this.
  19. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Pat Travers - The Millennium Collection
    Canadian Guitar rocker's big hits. Boom Boom(out go the lights), Snortin' Whiskey, New age music, Crash and burn, Stevie, Dedication. If you haven't listened to Travers in a while do yourself a favor and do it now.

20. Xue Sheng

an oldie that brought back a lot of memories