What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by YODA, Apr 1, 2003.

1. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

A killer Led Zep cover.... Phil X rocks. That is all.

axelb and Grond like this.
  2. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

SLIPS IN THE HOUSE !!!!!

3. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

4. Grond

Grond Valued Member

5. Xue Sheng

6. Xue Sheng

And the name Gary Clark made it necessary to listen to Stanley Clarke

7. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Toad The Wet Sprocket - Dulcinea
    The Sprocket was a pretty good band that seemed to have a short shelf life. Their debut, and this follow up release both had a few big hits. Fly from heaven, Something's always wrong, Fall down, Inside, Listen, Woodburning..I constantly find that some of these cd's that i haven't listened to in a while sound better with time.

Grond likes this.
  8. hewho

hewho Valued Member

slipthejab likes this.
  9. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

TobyMac - Portable Sounds
    Solid release of Christian Hip-hop/Rap/Pop music by T-Mac. Toby was 1/3 of the band Dc Talk before going solo.Made to love, Lose my soul, All in, Suddenly, Face of the earth.

10. slipthejab

Hahahaha yeah man... been ages since I was here. Hope everyone is keeping well. :p

axelb and bassai like this.
  11. slipthejab

axelb and hewho like this.
  12. TheUnnecessaryEvil

TheUnnecessaryEvil Banned Banned

Phantom of the Opera overture theme.
    Can't get enough of that organ riff.

13. Grond

Grond Valued Member

14. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Tomatito - Aquadulce
    One the best(if not the best) Flamenco Guitarist in the world. I have had the great fortune of attending two live performances by this living legend and hope to have the chance to see him again. Amazing skill, beautiful music. Al Mariyya, pa' Salinas, Manduka, Porque tu lo vales.

15. Xue Sheng

Don't know why, but this seems appropriate for the day. My uncle passed away today and even though he likely never heard this version of this song it just seemed appropriate when I heard it on the radio

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
    Grond and axelb like this.
  16. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

Sorry for your loss Xue. That's a beautiful song.

:eek:
    Good to see a familiar name from the ages of MAP.

slipthejab and Xue Sheng like this.
  17. Xue Sheng

18. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Somebody told me the other day "bet I can make you cry". I'm not particularly emotional guy but sure enough, waterworks. How did that happen? Maybe I interpreted this song a certain way in the age of COVID. I thought that Andy Cohen song I posted about aging and lost love was a tearjerker but this one took me to a new level. A good one to let it out,especially if you're missing someone special.

19. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Journey - Captured
    1981 live recording taken from several dates of the "Departure" tour. This CD features the major and miner hits from Infinity, Evolution, and Departure as well as a couple of new songs. I always think of Journey in three phases...pre-steve perry(first 3 albums), Steve Perry/Gregg Rollie(next 3 and this live album), exit Rollie, enter Jonathan Cain. I personally like the music from each of these periods . This cd serves as a nice time capsule for the second era.Just the same way, Stay Awhile, Too late, Walks like a lady, The Party'a over, Wheel in the sky, Dixie highway.

20. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Tomatito - Soy Flamenco
    Another masterful recording from Maestro Tomatito.La Fuentecica, Despacito, Mister Benson, El Regalo(with Cameron De La Isla), Corre por mis venas(with Paco de Lucia and Cameron).