What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by YODA, Apr 1, 2003.

1. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Couldn't resist Clutch's album "The Book of Bad Decisions" on vinyl for $10 in their recent sale and it showed up today. A slight warp in one record but that's understandable given the temperature changes we've had in the UK alone in the last fortnight and my turntable is taking it fine so no complaints from me.

Dead_pool likes this.
  2. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

Have not heard these in years, forgot all about them actually, and I heard them both on the radio, one right after the other this evening....and I'm happy I did...

Grond likes this.
  3. Grond

Grond Valued Member

4. Xue Sheng

This is awesome

Grond likes this.
  5. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

The Stone Roses - Second Coming
    This Cd is everything that was great about early 90's U.K. Alt-Rock. These guys, Oasis, Neds Atomic Dustbin, and others really nailed it. Really not a bad track on this set. Love Spreads, Tears, Daybreak, Breaking into heaven. Hadn't spun this one in a while...sounded real good.

6. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Topical, also naughty language throughout

7. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

West Yorkshire's finest!

8. Grond

Grond Valued Member

9. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I am mostly listening to/watching black people reacting to classic rock and metal tracks. It's a whole genre on toutube. Seeing people experiencing pink floyd, zepplin, sabbath, queen, acdc, metallica, etc for the first time is like listening to it for the first time again myself. Especially when you know a track and know a wicked bit is coming up (like the end guitar part of freebird for example). Gives me goosebumps seeing people being blown away by the song writing, lyrics and musicianship.

And failing that I'm a new convert to the church of Stevie Ray Vaughn and listening to his cover of Voodoo Chile and Texas Flood pretty much on repeat.

Anth likes this.
  10. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

I've been watching them too lately. Have to skip where most of them are "look at me SHOUTING! I'm a Youtube STAR!!!" but there are some canny ones like Glitch in the Matrix (a guy introducing his kids to the music) and Beth Roars (a vocal coach).

Today I'm in a Pink Floyd mood so listening to Delicate Sound of Thunder.

Grond likes this.
  11. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Yeah Floyd is always my go-to during times of war, which is yesterday, today, tomorrow, and thereafter. I think this is my favorite, but sometimes my favorite changes.

If you negotiate the minefield in the drive
    And beat the dogs and cheat the cold electronic eyes
    And if you make it past the shotgun in the hall
    Dial the combination, open the priest hole
    And if I'm in I'll tell you (what's behind the wall)
    There's a kid who had a big hallucination
    Making love to girls in magazines
    He wonders if you're sleeping with your new found faith
    Could anybody love him
    Or is it just a crazy dream?
    And if I show you my dark side
    Will you still hold me tonight?
    And if I open my heart to you
    And show you my weak side
    What would you do?
    Would you sell your story to Rolling Stone?
    Would you take the children away
    And leave me alone?
    And smile in reassurance
    As you whisper down the phone?
    Would you send me packing?
    Or would you take me home?

Anth likes this.
  12. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

The videos that got me into the "look at me react!" genre are "no life shaq" listening to "freebird" and "one". He literally cannot believe his ears! It's hilarious, sad (that he's not got that music in his life already) and moving all at once.
    Literally anyone listening to Stevie Ray Vaughan can't believe what they are hearing and seeing. Even hardened metal heads, well used to shredding a fret board, have to tip their hat to his genius.

Anth likes this.
  13. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Hall and Oates - Grt Hits(Rock and Soul Pt.1)
    These guys were the definition of Hit machine in their day. I remember when they first came out with Sara smile and She's gone, what a great sound. Some of the early 80's MTV stuff didn't grab me right away but in retrospect it all sounds really great now. 12 tracks of pure listening enjoyment. Say it isn't so, Sara smile, She's gone, Rich girl, Kiss on my list, Private eyes, Adult education, Maneater.

14. Xue Sheng

15. windwalker

windwalker Member

16. Grond

Grond Valued Member

I'm on vacation, and super ****ed (in the British English sense, not in the slang American sense) and I love the Doors. Let's do this.

17. Grond

Grond Valued Member

18. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I'm also listening to a couple of music youtube channels...Scott's Bass Lessons and Rick Beato's everything music....I love music, fascinated by it, but literally can't play a note on any instrument (well I could press a piano key I suppose). Something I feel is really lacking in my life to be honest. Tried to learn guitar at home a couple of times but I'm convinced only aliens in human form can play guitar. My fingers don't bend right or something. And then I watch music theory videos where they talk about harmonics, major triads, modes, mixolidian, sus chords, ghost notes, palm muting, etc and I realise I'd have no chance learning any of that stuff anyway. So I enjoy music creation and theory vicariously instead.

19. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

I bought a couple of guitars and a bass when I was at uni some 13 years ago and have only started practising properly since I moved house this year. My fingers don't work right either and I have a terrible memory for patterns but I'm starting to build up some muscle memory for where notes are. Check out Justinguitar on Youtube - he starts right at the basics and is even testing his own lessons by learning to play left handed (commenting that even though he knows what he's trying to do, his fingers just wont do it!).

Smitfire likes this.
  20. Xue Sheng

been a log time since I heard this, but heard this today

Grond and wcrane like this.