What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by YODA, Apr 1, 2003.

1. hewho

hewho Valued Member

Bill Withers, Grandmas hands, live. Never fails to make me think about my nan.

2. hewho

hewho Valued Member

Bill Withers, Grandmas hands, live. Never fails to make me think about my nan.

3. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Al Green - Greatest Hits
    The Reverend Al lends his smooth soulful voice to these 70's r&b classics. Tired of being alone, Let's stay together, I'm still in love with you, Love and happiness, Here I am(come and take me). Classics that stand the test of time.

4. Grond

Grond Valued Member

I know there are some Prodigy fans here, so you might like this. I just saw this really disturbing movie called "Perfect Skin" which isn't for everyone but apparently the soundtrack was entirely done by Liam Howlett based on Invisible Sun.

If you like the Prodigy, you will probably like the movie. If you like tattoos, body modification, and psychological horror, you definitely will. "Perfect Skin" turned from a late night "maybe I'll watch this" to possibly the perfect Coronavirus-era movie, next to "The Shining". In fact I seem to be binge watching movies about escaping evil things, must be part of my coping mechanism. If it works, it works. :)

ned likes this.
  5. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

I'm working from home today and for some reason I am really into Elvis Costello. I don't think I have listened to much Elvis Costello since the early 80s

Sorry so many, but this is exactly what I am listening to at teh moment

6. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Green Day - Insomniac
    These guys were in their heyday back in the early 90's. I wasn't a huge fan of these guys but I really liked the 2 hits on this cd, the rest all sounds the same. Kinda fun music...good to work out to. Geek stink breath, Brain stew, Jaded, 86.

7. Grond

Grond Valued Member

8. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Steely Dan - Decade
    A truly a one of a kind band. Can't think of anyone else who so masterfully blended Rock, Jazz, Soul, Pop, and even a little Reggae with deep introspective lyrics the way these guys did. Definitely some of the best studio work ever. FM, Do it again, Hey 19, Peg, My old school, Rikki don't lose that number.

ned and hewho like this.
  9. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Grosse Pointe Blank - Soundtrack
    Not the best Soundtrack I have in my collection, but a few good songs for sure. Mostly music from the 80's. Nice blend of rock, Ska and alternative. Rudie can't fail, Armagideon time (the clash), Mirror in the bathroom(the english beat), Blister in the sun(violent femmes), Live & let die(guns n roses).

Grond likes this.
  10. ned

ned Valued Member

Grond likes this.
  11. Grond

Grond Valued Member

12. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Mike Stinson - Last Fool At The Bar
    Been listening to this guy for a while now, he is one of my fave Country music guys around. This debut CD showcases his witty lyrics backed with traditional country music. I wish he would tour a little more, may have to travel to Houston or Austin to see him live. Six pack of lonely, Counting my lucky stars, Home in Angeleno, City girl, Tomorrow's gonna hurt

13. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

GTR - King Biscuit Flower Hour
    In the mid-80's Steve Howe(Yes, Asia) and Steve Hackett(Genesis) decided to form a band and made a very good record. This 1986 gem is a live performance caught for the legendary King Biscuit radio show(who remembers those?). Featuring songs from the GTR record (When the heart rules the mind, The hunter, Imagining), Genesis( I know what I like), and Yes(Roudabout). A very good live cd.

Grond likes this.
  14. Grond

Grond Valued Member

15. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Guns N' Roses - Gn'r Lies
    4 live tracks, 4 studio tracks. This one was thrown together kind of quickly as I recall to capitalize on the success of appetite for destruction. Mainly got this one for Patience, and Used to love her. Also a good live cover of Aerosmiths Mama kin. You're crazy, One in a million, Reckless life.

16. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Creative genius :D:p

17. Grond

Grond Valued Member

18. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Dredd Soundtrack (thanks to Spotify for randomly putting it in a Hans Zimmer playlist I was listening to the other day).

Dead_pool likes this.
  19. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Nice, Ive just been listening to that now!

Recently I've been mostly listening to these guys:

Grond likes this.
  20. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Guns n' Roses - Greatest Hits
    These guys exploded onto the scene in the late 80's. I remember the comparisons to the Stones and Aerosmith. Too bad they couldn't hold it together as long as those guys but they made some good music in a short time. Welcome to the jungle, Sweet child o' mine, Civil war, You could be mine, Don't cry.