What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by YODA, Apr 1, 2003.

1. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Soul II Soul - Keep On Movin'
    Some really good hip hop/soul/dance music. These guys made some great music and had a revolving cast of solid vocalists. Keep on movin', Fairplay, Holdin' on, Feel free, Back to life. Rating 4.5 out of 5

axelb likes this.
  2. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Soul II Soul - Vol. II - 1990 A New Decade
    Great sophmore CD. Jazzy B and the gang make some excellent music blending Hip - Hop, Soul, and R/B. Not a Bad track on this one, highly recommended. Get a life, Love come through, Missing, In the heat of the night, Courtney blows. Rating 5/5

3. Grond

Grond Valued Member

4. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Sponge - Rotting Pinata
    Really liked these guys, bought their first 2 cd's then they disappeared. Grunge/Alternative mix, think Stone Temple Pilots meet the Psychadelic Furs. Giants, Plowed, Molly, Neenah menasha, Drownin', Rainin'. Overall a solid cd. Rating 4.5/5

5. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

A coughing chorus....that I am part of.

6. Morik

Morik Well-Known Member Supporter MAP 2017 Gold Award

Sabaton -- their songs are mostly about historical wars.

One of my favorite songs is about the Night Witches, a group of Russian female pilots (mostly volunteers in their teens & 20s) flying wood & canvas biplanes on night bombing runs against Germany in WW2.
    These pilots would idle their engines and glide the last few miles to their target; they got their name because the Germans thought the planes gliding in sounded like broomsticks.
    Night Witches - Wikipedia

7. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Genesis - The Hits
    These guys were quite the hit making machine back in the day. A few fave's are Turn it on again, Mama, Follow you,follow me, Abacab, Misunderstanding, The carpet crawlers. Every track is pure gold. Rating 5.5/5

8. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Sponge - Wax Ecstatic
    Great 2nd CD from a band I really hoped would last a little longer. Got to be a bore, Silence is their drug, I am Anastasia, My baby said, Have you seen Mary?. Rating 5/5

9. Xue Sheng

10. hewho

hewho Valued Member

11. Xue Sheng

12. ned

ned Valued Member

RIP Andy Gill who died just recently,

13. Xue Sheng

hewho likes this.
  14. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Ian Gillan - Gillan's Inn
    2005 CD from former Deep Purple/Black Sabbath singer. Ian brings in some top guests like Joe Satriani, Roger Glover, Jon Lord, Johnny Rzeznik Jeff Healey, ETC. Bluesy blue sea, Men of war, When a blind man cries, No laughing in heaven. I was always a big DP fan so this is right up my alley.

15. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Rick Springfield - Greatest Hits
    Say what you want, the man had a lot of good hit songs. This was high school years music for me, so a lot of good memories attached to these songs. Jessie's girl, Don't talk to strangers, Love somebody, Rock of life, I've done everything for you.

16. Xue Sheng

17. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Hans Zimmer. He is my favourite musician; I went to see World of Hans Zimmer, a collection of his greatest hits curated by Gareth Greenaway, in London back in December. The tour wasn't supposed to feature Hans, but the man himself walked on stage during the encore to everyone's surprise. The song playing was Time, the signature track from the film Inception (hard to believe it's 10 years old already) and my favourite song of all time. Not only is it a beautiful song, but it got me through some difficult times when I was battling a host of personal issues. I had some bad news recently and found myself revisiting this song again and again.

18. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Bruce Springsteen - Greetings from Asbury Park N.J.
    1972 Debut from Bruce. Great classic songs that made Bruce the boss. A master wordsmith, Bruce can tell a story and paint a picture with words that make you feel like you are there. I know that Bruce has had a thousand hits and many more successful albums than this, but there is a raw energy captured here of a young fresh talent just getting started that makes it my favorite collection of Springsteen songs. Blinded by the light, For you, Lost in the flood, Growin' up, And my fave...Spirit in the night.

19. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Pearl Jam, Ee O O.

A song written without vowels :D

20. 23rdwave

23rdwave Valued Member

Townes Van Zant on sky blue vinyl

Grond likes this.