What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by YODA, Apr 1, 2003.

1. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

I owned the Silk Degrees album(yes vinyl album) back when it first came out...absolutely a classic besides the two vids in your post..It's over, Georgia, Harbor lights, What can I say. Every track was a winner.

2. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Rush - Clockwork Angels
    A little sad to listen to this one as it appears to be the last CD Rush will make. Do to tendonitiouse of the shoulder Neil Peart has retired from drumming and as of last notice Rush is officially retired. I first heard Rush when I was in 6th grade, 1976, listening to Caress of Steele. It was the by far the best hard rock music I had heard and I instantly became a fan for life. I remember when Spirit of radio actually became a commercial radio hit, followed by the massive success of Moving Pictures. I had the good fortune of seeing these guys live 6x on 5 different tours. I recall standing in line for hours (pre-internet) to get best seat tickets available. Rush provided the soundtrack for the better part of my life. I suppose everyone has that band or artist that stands above the rest...for me, it would be RUSH. Bravo boys for a job well done.

3. Grond

Grond Valued Member

I had the most amazing opportunity to see Elle King, Joan Jett, and Heart (!!!) in concert recently.

Heart's cover of Simon & Garfunkle's "The Boxer", they played it

Heart's cover of Led Zeppelin's "Stairway to Heaven", they played it.

But, you want to know the real me? I <3 this Runaway more than all of that.

4. Grond

Grond Valued Member

This is a real gem.

5. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Scorpions - Animal Magnetism
    1980 classic from German hard rockers. Make it real, Falling in love, Only a man, Don't make no promises(your body can't keep), and my fave...The Zoo.

Xue Sheng likes this.
  6. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

The sound of running water and a running furnace. I am hiding in my basement, the only peaceful area of my house

7. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Boz Scaggs - Fade Into Light
    Boz does some slowed-down Jazzed-up versions of past hits and a cover or two. Really cool CD. Lowdown, Love T.K.O. Sierra, Simone, Lost it.

8. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Hating my game saying my name they call
    Me the E wrong things
    Knowing I'm fly without wings
    While some of y'all have to pull strings.

9. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

10. Dead_pool

Well this is a bit good!

Grond likes this.
  11. Grond

Grond Valued Member

This is so meta, and I'm not even sure I know that that means, but I think that's an accurate assessment. Big up to the rich kids in Park Slope, BK, NYC, baby. I never thought I'd see a Beastie Boys/Blink 182/Mario Brothers mashup, but there you go.

Dead_pool likes this.
  12. Grond

Grond Valued Member

"I said, "Where'd you get your information from, " huh?
    You think that you can front when revelation comes?"

Dead_pool likes this.
  13. Dead_pool

It's great isn't it, they've done a full album of it, although that's the best track!

14. Grond

Grond Valued Member

axelb and Dead_pool like this.
  15. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Ace Frehley - Ace Frehley
    Back in 1978, when Kiss was still on top of the world, some record exec had a great idea. All four original members released solo albums at the same time, coincidently, this happened just in time for Christmas. Most say the Ace album was the best of the bunch. New York groove, Rip it out, Snow blind, Fractured mirror.

16. Xue Sheng

I'm currently listening to a rather strong thunderstorm; thunder, rain, wind, lightning. Actually head that strange hissing type sound when lighting strikes nearby....that was rather close.....so with that said...logging off

Dead_pool likes this.
  17. Grond

Grond Valued Member

"I don't wear Versace, I wear DJs out quickly at the party". This is what I listen to when I decide to log into martialartsplanet.com.

18. Grond

Grond Valued Member

19. Xue Sheng

I believe I am currently listening to the incessant beeping of someone, a couple offices away, texting on their cell phone

20. Grond

Grond Valued Member