What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by YODA, Apr 1, 2003.

1. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

Well, I am currently on hold at the moment and the music I am being forced to listen to is "Love train" and all I am thinking about is the movie "the Martian"

2. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Rush - Presto
    The boys hit a homer with this one. This and the next two releases are some of the finest work of the later part of the Rush story. Amazing, deep lyrics on The Pass, Chain lightning, and Available light. Also Show don't tell, Presto, Scars, Hand over fist. I saw them twice on this tour, simply amazing.

3. Xue Sheng

I'm currently listening to more freaking stupid hold music

Dead_pool likes this.
  4. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Carlos Santana/John McLaughlin - Love Devotion Surrender
    WOW!! Two amazing guitarists backed by some wonderful studio musicians. Not the usual Santana cd, This 1972 release is an instrumental masterpiece with a cover of a couple Coltrane songs and some original long improve jams. Two masters letting it rip. A love supreme, Let us go into the house of the light, Naima, Meditation. All guitarists should listen to this.

5. Xue Sheng

I am currently listening to...for the 3rd time today.... a discussion about the most recent Game of Thrones.... which I have no interest in...... don't watch it....don't care..... I'm going to walk away now

6. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Rush - Roll The Bones
    Rush enters the 90's with this release. Dreamline, Bravado, Roll the bones, Where's my thing?, Ghost of a chance.

7. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Dead_pool and ned like this.
  8. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Santana- -Best Of
    Great selection from a legend. Evil Ways, Black magic woman/Gypsy queen, Oye como va, She's not there, Winning, Hold on, Soul sacrifice.

9. ned

ned Valued Member

In my head cos of the thread with all the gun talk and the trollish redneck

Dead_pool and Smitfire like this.
  10. Xue Sheng

Sirens
    Something going on outside my office

11. Grond

Grond Valued Member

12. 23rdwave

23rdwave Valued Member

Grond likes this.
  13. Nojon

Nojon Tha mo bhàta-foluaimein

Grond likes this.
  14. Nojon

Nojon Tha mo bhàta-foluaimein

15. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Rush - Counterparts
    Animate, Nobody's hero, Double agent, Leave that thing alone, Cold fire.

Grond likes this.
  16. Grond

Grond Valued Member

17. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Santana - Spirits Dancing In The Flesh
    This 1990 CD was released during somewhat of a lull in Santana's career. A few years removed from a hit and a decade before the "Supernatural" comeback. I actually saw Carlos while touring in support of this Cd and could not believe how few people were there. Anyway, not the best Santana cd but you know the music is solid, some beautiful instrumentals. Gypsy woman, Who's that lady, Full moon, Goodness and mercy.

18. Grond

Grond Valued Member

"I got a telephone in my bosom
    And I can call him up from my heart"

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  19. Xue Sheng

I'm currently listening to a conversation about broken ear buds and teenage angst.....so I think I will get up and leave the area

20. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Nirvana mix

I've been noticing a few Nirvana songs on the radio this month. Haven't really heard their songs for a long time, and it made me all nostalgic for the 90s (more specifically, for that time of my life -- it was a good time for me). Back then I really didn't care much for the band because it wasn't my style of music, but -- they were kind of good, actually. Not bad, actually.