What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by YODA, Apr 1, 2003.

1. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

The RZA - Hits
    The Abbot of the Wu-Tang Clan. Hits from the Clan and solo releases by Method Man, Ol' Dirty Bastaard, raekwon, GZA, Ghostface Killer. Some good stuff, some so-so stuff.

axelb and Dead_pool like this.
  2. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

The Fixx - Grt hits
    A great band that made some great songs. Red Skies, Secret Seperation, Deeper and Deeper, Saved by zero, Are we ourselves

3. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Ha. Here is an image of RZA wearing the instructor jacket from my school. I don't know the origin of this. Except he must have met someone in my school and they must have seen it as a cool promotional thing. (Actually, it annoys me as he really has no right to wear that jacket. An instructor jacket should be earned. I am old and cranky that way. Get off my lawn!;))
    [​IMG]

axelb likes this.
  4. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

The Fixx - Ink
    Released a little after their prime, this 1991 Cd has a more mature sound to it. Some of the most introspective and deepest lyrics I've heard and quality musicianship. I always thought this band was very underrated...even during their commercially successful years. All is fair, How much is enough, Crucified, No one has to cry, Falling in love.

5. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Rush Power Windows
    Not my fave Rush Cd, but some great music nonetheless ( what else would you expect from Rush) The big money, Marathon, Territories, Manhattan project, Mystic rhythms.

6. Nojon

Nojon Tha mo bhàta-foluaimein

7. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Sade - Best Of
    A beautiful lady with a beautiful voice. Some great music. Smooth operator, The sweetest taboo, Paradise, No ordinary love, Cherish.

8. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

The Fixx - Elemental
    Another solid outing from a consistently good band. Two different views, Happy landings, Fatal shore, Silent house.

9. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

Well, to be honest, I am currently listening to the vent fan for the stove top

10. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

John Denver. Sometimes that's just what the doctor order, you know? :):):):)

11. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

No shame bro. The man wrote some cool songs...Rocky mountain high, country roads, Annie's song. Watched his biography a while back, he was a good dude..

12. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Rush - Hold Your Fire
    Probably my least fave of all Rush albums, but still some great songs. Time stand still, Force ten, Lock and key, Open secrets, Tai Shan

13. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

I have this listening project right now. I am listening to my favorite band- Heart. Going through every studio album by them and making my own personal ranking. Listening to Bad Animals right now. Which, honestly, I have rated at the bottom of the list so far. Only two great songs on it. One maybe being one of their best songs of all time. But overall the album is just not up to par with their usual magnificence.

Too much 80's synthesizer emphasis. NOT enough focus on Nancy's guitar. She is one of the best rock guitarists of all time and it is a shame to have that emphasized more.

Alone, however, shows off Ann Wilson's incredible voice! Truly a great song!

The album I listened to before that was Jupiter's Darling. Not a big hit, but it is one of their best albums. Back to Heart at their best! Past the point of their having to sell out.

This song has both Nancy and Ann at their best.

Mod Edit: deleted link. Well, I looked back and realized I already posted this one. No double posting for me! Oops!

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  14. 23rdwave

23rdwave Valued Member

15. 23rdwave

23rdwave Valued Member

16. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Saigon Kick - The Lizard
    Anyone remember these guys? Decent early 90's rock. A few choice cuts. Freedom, God of 42nd street, Love is on the way, All I want, Miss jones.

17. aikiMac

Revivalists, "Wish I knew you." It conveys to me an odd happy sadness. I like it, but I'm sad at the same time.

18. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

19. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Fleetwood Mac - The Vintage Years Live
    A 1970 live recording of original Maccsters When they were a true Blues band. Featuring Mick, John, Peter Green, Jeremy Spencer, and Danny Kirwan. Black magic woman, Green Manalishi, Oh well, Got to move.

20. aikiMac

Taylor Swift, country
    I HATE THIS SONG! (because it makes me cry)

But this one makes me laugh!
    “Her snotty little family all dressed in pastel” and “wearing a gown shaped like a pastry”
    Ha! LOL! :p:D