What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by YODA, Apr 1, 2003.

1. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Romeo must die - Soundtrack
    Liked the movie, Really like the Cd. A nice Hip-Hop mix Cd. AAliyah(Try again, I don't wanna, Come back in one piece(with DMX)),Dave Hollister(Pump the brakes), Destiny's Child(Perfect man), Joe(Rose in a concrete world). This is actually a pretty good CD.

2. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

My youngest practicing piano for a Mozart competition and a Russian Composer competition

axelb likes this.
  3. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Dude! That's terrific! ::applause::

In a few hours I'm going to turn on Christmas music for the first time this year, because -- woo ooo! -- it's Thanksgiving Day, the first day that Christmas music should be played!

To get technical, the Christmas season begins with Santa's sleigh in the Macy Parade. It's not Christmas time until that sleigh passes by, because, hey, that's Santa. He's finally here. Santa is finally here.

:D It's Christmas season! Yay! :D

Xue Sheng likes this.
  4. Xue Sheng

I won't listen to Christmas music until the day after Thanksgiving

5. aikiMac

Someone finally understands!
    I love you, man! ::hearts::

Xue Sheng likes this.
  6. Xue Sheng

In the early 80s I worked in a furniture store warehouse that played taped music all day long. In October they put in the Christmas music. I discovered where the tape machine was and everyday, generally multiple times a day, I'd walk right through the main office to the room with the tape machine and change the tape. After awhile they'd figure it out and change it back, then I would change it again. One day after changing it, while I was walking back through the office after just changing the tape the store manager came out of his office and said "Who keeps changing that tape" as I walked by I said "I don't know"...they never figured out who it was....but mysteriously...right after Thanksgiving.... the changed stopped

axelb likes this.
  7. aikiMac

[insert bowing smiley of respect and a "high five"]

When I was little, one or two radio stations played all-Christmas music the month of December. At some point they started backing up -- it crept into November, it ended before New Year's Eve. Now, one radio station starts the first weekend of November, and a second station starts the second weekend of November, and they both stop on Dec 25. On Christmas Day they stop.

:mad::mad::mad:

So Thanksgiving the holiday doesn't exist. We go from Halloween jack-o-lanterns to Christmas shopping. The Christmas music is all about the shopping -- we know this is true because it ends on day zero of the "12 Days of Christmas," so it can't be about Christmas itself. (Dec 26 is day 1, Dec 27 is day 2, Epiphany Jan 6 is day 12.)

:mad::mad::mad:

I'm at my parents' house, and Mom turned on a Christmas instrumental DVD. :)

Xue Sheng and axelb like this.
  8. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

Yes that winds me up also, all the Christmas themes and jingles stop after 25th. :mad:
    It's like they are trying to shift it further away from December

Xue Sheng likes this.
  9. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Rush-Fly By Night
    2nd release by Iconic Canadian trio, first with drummer/lyricist Neil Peart. I really forgot how great this one is, a true classic. Anthem, Fly by night, Beneath Between and Behind, By-Tor and the Snow Dog, Best I Can.

Xue Sheng likes this.
  10. Xue Sheng

2 radio stations in my area, 1 I would generally listen to, become Christmas music all the time on the 1st of November. I won't tune them in until after Thanksgiving. And sadly yes, it is all about money now

aikiMac likes this.
  11. axelb

My household has officially started the Christmas vibe.

Currently listening to Carol of the bells and also the original Ukrainian version Shchedryk

12. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Linda Ronstadt - Greatest Hits
    You're no good, Heatwave, When Will I be loved, That'll be the day, Desperado. Her version of Heatwave gives me chills every time...so much emotion and energy in her voice on that one.

As for Christmas music, today is Dec. 1st. I officially begin listening to Christmas songs today.

13. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Dave Koz & Friends - The 25th of December
    Smooth Jazz Saxman plays holiday Faves with help from some amazing Friends. Includes Johnny Mathis, Stevie Wonder, Eric Benet, Fantasia, Gloria Estefan, and of course Jonathan Butler doing his Amazing rendition of O Holy Night. I highly recommend this Christmas Cd.

14. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Rush - Caress of Steel
    This was the first Rush Album I ever heard. Must have been around 1976(I was in 6th grade as I recall). I remember hearing this and thinking that this was what Rock and Roll was suppose to sound like. Still sound great today. Bastille Day, Lakeside Park, The Necromancer, Bacchus Plateau, No One at the Bridge. Been a Rush fan ever since.

15. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

A Rock and Roll Christmas - Various Artists
    An Annual tradition. I remember as a high schooler our local radio station (KZAP) playing a lot of these songs every year at Christmas. Brings back good memories as well as putting me in the Christmas spirit. Elton John, Billy Squier, The Kinks, Bob Seger, George Thorogood, and more.

16. Xue Sheng

Well. I'm not actually listening to it, and I have not actually heard it for year...but this dang song is running through my head on a continuous loop and just will not stop...and I have to tell you..... I'm not really a fan of this tune

17. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Ottmar Liebert - Christmas*Santa Fe
    Traditional Christmas songs infused with Ottmar's Flamencoesque stylings. Great Christmas CD.

18. axelb

War of the worlds, by Jeff Wayne :cool:

19. hewho

hewho Valued Member

Just everything by this guy. The guitar, the voice, the songwriting. Perfection

20. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Neil Diamond - The Christmas Album
    Legendary singer adds his smooth, silky voice to traditional Christmas songs and hymns. It don't get any better than this.