What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by YODA, Apr 1, 2003.

1. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Rodrigo Y Gabriela - Reptile
    A great acoustic guitar duo blending Flamenco, Spanish, Rock, and Metal elements. These guys make some great original music as well as some interesting covers. Tamacun, Satori, Stairway to heaven, Ixtapa.

2. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

3. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

The Rolling Stones - Steel Wheels
    Really good 1989 cd by the legends. Considered a comeback cd at the time as Mick and Keith had both been doing only solo efforts for a while. Kind of forgot how good of a complete album this one was. Mixed emotions, Terrifying, Rock and a hard place, Can't be seen, Slipping away. The last two feature Keith on lead vocals.

4. Xue Sheng

My wife complain

5. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Enigma - A Posteriori
    Another masterful release from the kings of chill. I never get tired of listening to Enigma.

6. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Lawson Rollins - Infinita
    Some beautiful Acoustic Guitar music. Lawson mixes his usual Spanish, Flamenco sound with Middle Eastern influences and some Jazz elements. A masterpiece.

7. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Enya - Watermark
    Not an Enya fan per se( I believe someone gave me this CD), But some very nice music just the same. This is the type of CD I like to play at night, Reclined in my Lay-Z-Boy, burning some incense, before I go to bed. Makes for a great nights sleep.

8. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

The Rolling Stones - Forty Licks
    2-CD greatest hits compilation from the greatest rock and roll band. Miss You, Shattered, Angie, Beast of burden, Gimmie shelter ,Jumpin' Jack flash, Emotional rescue, and so many more.

9. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

The Escape Club - Wild Wild West
    High Energy good time 80's club music. Makes me wanna grab a Bud Dry and dance all night. Wild, wild west, Jealousy, Shake for the sheik, Walking through walls.

10. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Shakira, on a YouTube channel. :p Hey, don't mock. I actually like a lot of her songs.

11. Morik

Morik Well-Known Member Supporter MAP 2017 Gold Award

The new Coheed & Cambria album, "Vaxis Act 1: The Unheavenly Creatures". I like the Proglogue & The Dark Sentencer it segues into, those are probably my favorite set of tracks on it right now. Several others like Unheavenly Creatures, Toy, Queen of the Dark, and The Pavilion are also pretty good. But I'm mostly just listening to it all the way through.
    Prologue + Dark Sentencer:

The main song starts at around 3 minutes.

Most of their albums take place in a sci-fi world of the band's creation. This story branch that they started with this album is supposed to go over 6 albums, I think.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
    axelb likes this.
  12. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Lawson Rollins - Infinite Chill (the remix sessions)
    Guitar Virtuoso songs remixed by chill out DJ Shahin Shahida. As a fan of both Flamenco and chill music this Cd sound amazing to me. One of my best recent purchases.

13. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Eurythmics - Greatest Hits
    The voice of Annie Lennox + The musicianship/production of Dave Stewart = great songs. Sweet dreams, Here comes the rain again, There must be an angel, Missionary man, Would I lie to you.

axelb likes this.
  14. Xue Sheng

People in the next cubicle trying to talk quietly.... and failing miserably at it.

15. Nojon

Nojon Tha mo bhàta-foluaimein

16. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

The Rolling Stones - 12 more licks
    Home-burned companion cd to 40 licks. Some of my faves were not included on the first cd so I made this one myself. Cant you hear me knocking, Monkey man, 2,000 light years from home, She's so cold, Hang fire, Little t&a, She was hot, Waiting on a friend, One shot(To the body), Dandelion, Midnight rambler, Heartbreaker.

17. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Evanescence - Fallen
    Great CD from a really good band. Musically sounds like most of the rock music from the early 2000's, but I am always partial to good rock with female lead vocals.

axelb likes this.
  18. aikiMac

Ya, something about her singing voice in particular is nice. I love the song "My Immortal" on that album.

19. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Rush - Rush
    Always tough to narrow it down to one but....probably my favorite rock band of all time. Jr. high and high school would not have been the same without Rush. This is their first record and the only one without Neil Peart(R.I.P. John Rutsy). Working man, In the mood, Need some love, Here again.

20. aikiMac

Every few months I want something loud, and there are only like 3 songs ever that I'll play on volume setting "10." This is one of them, and this is the best version I've found on YouTube: