Weng chun =/= __ng ___n

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by Mr Punch, Jan 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Punch

Mr Punch Homicidal puppet

When I was looked at the this forum last week there was some idiotfest of a thread where people who didn't know anything about the subject were giving some newbie some advice about his question on weng/wing chun being the same and another variation of __ng ___n... that thread seems to have gone.

?

Weng chun is not the same as ___ng ___n. It is not a modern spelling variant, nor is it a variation of the same art. It is considered by some to be a root art of wing chun's, but doesn't have much more in common with __ng ___n than say Shaolin, or White Crane.

It is not a very common art and it is as old as ___ng ___n but has different origins (as far as anyone knows - the origins of ___ng ___n are shrouded in bull-ahem... mystery).

Don't talk about stuff if you don't know what you're talking about.

Thank you.
    That will be all.
    :D

(BTW - Mods, if the original thread is still around, please could you merge this post with it, thanks a lot in advance. :) )

2. Banditshaw

Banditshaw El Bandido

Good to see you jumping in all the WC madness that has permeated the KF forum as of late.

Your perspective is appreciated.

KFM not enough eh? ;)

3. Mr Punch

LOL, good to see you too Mr Banditshaw! I've been here for a while, but I can get away with being less tolerant of halfwits over there! Which is a good job, cos the wing chun forum over there is overpopulated with them!

Damn, if it's not hard enough setting the people in my own primary art straight over there, I have to come over here and find just (ignorant) haters haters haters spilling out on the General Discussion board even over here... madness I tell you! And then people talking about things they know nothing about... not that I should be surprised but Puh Lease...

4. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

lol.... gotta love this thread... the defenders of WC.
    As always... a day late and a dollar short. :D

5. Mr Punch

LOL gotta love Slip, bang on time with the gag, missing the point...

In fact, since being deliberately obtuse for the wind up is one of your unique skills, you should be dubbed 'Slipthepoint'. :D

It's not defending wing chun, cos it wouldn't stop the people who bash wing chun now would it, and because, well, I've got better things to do. :rolleyes: It's just setting the record straight for whoever it was that posted the original question and got a barrage of nonsense and misinformation from the likes of you who don't know what the hell they're talking about. :D

6. slipthejab

Ah with this oh so informative thread so aptly titled I'm sure the OP of that other thread is completely clear about WC now... or at least he's clear on the WC panties being bunched. :D

7. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Valued Member

like i said before wing chun is getting like tae kwon do and karate. schools on every corner but with many garbage teachers.

8. DaeHanL

DaeHanL FortuneCracker

hahahahah! i can't believe this site is being used to Gossip.

9. Banditshaw

Banditshaw El Bandido

Tis the way of teh internets :D

10. DaeHanL

DaeHanL FortuneCracker

i know.... but it still kills me inside :D

11. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Ahem!

I don't have any clout over on KFM but I do here! :D Soooooo let's get back to the original thread, that I may merge with the other one,once I have had my food! :D

12. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

Is this a my style is better than your style thing? I like those, because it means we're going to compare Batman comic collections next...

13. DaeHanL

DaeHanL FortuneCracker

awesome! hahaha :)

14. slipthejab

hmm... this reads suspiciously like quality sig material. :D

15. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Ok people,this is going nowhere. This is an ex-thread. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.