Well the tournament was Saturday

Discussion in 'Karate' started by chrispy, Mar 28, 2006.

1. chrispy

chrispy The Hunter

Just to refresh the memories, it was just our school so that everyone could have some fun and just get the competetive juices flowing a bit. Everyone got a medal for each event they entered 1,2,3,4,4,4,4,4,4 so that there didn't have to be a "last place" kind of thing - that was mainly for the kids though.

It was great, loads of fun! I have the whole video of it on my computer at home along with a crap load of pictures. I said I'd produce the DVD and all. So once I get it cut together I'll throw up some of the good stuff onto the web for you guys.

Krystina - My daughter - only entered sparring, and did pretty well, though she lost both her matches 3-2, but she had fun and the effort was there so that was nice to see.

I entered in kata, weapons kata and sparring.

The sparring was the most dissapointing for me as I lost my first match 3-2 though the winning point was scored while the guy was out of bounds but it was still ruled a point. second match I lost 3-1 I was hoping to do way better.

Weapons forms I used my sai and put on a pretty good show with a form that won me 3rd place.

In the regular forms I was competing against 8 other people I think, I did our 4th form Triumph (video to come of course) and took 1st place by .1 (the only mark that was different from second place was a 8.9 opposed to 8.8).

Over all a wicked day!

Last edited: Mar 29, 2006
  2. freak

freak Valued Member

sounds like alot of fun, i love tournaments.... congratz on the 3rd!

3. kitsune

kitsune New Member

Yeah well done :) I love tournaments too, apart from the ones where you have to sign in at 9:00 am and don't get to fight until 6:00 pm! (believe me it's happened) very long and hungry days.

4. chrispy

chrispy The Hunter

Ok so here some video finally

The first video here is the form that won me gold, it is our 4th form Triumph, I chose it because of the 2 tornado kicks in a row and people don't expect a big guy to get in the air.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~smashbrosmelee/meform4.wmv

This one is my sai form, I made it up because I wanted to use my sai in the tourny it looks pretty cool I think, it won me bronze. I also made it up because we don't have a sai form at my club, but Bo, Kama ones so I knew I'd be the only one doing a sai form and was hoping that would help me out.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~smashbrosmelee/mewithsai.wmv

Just looking at the videos I can see things that could have been better and all that so like the other times I've posted video - if you only have negative things to say, don't bother please. Constructive things yes. On the whole I'm quite pleased with my form 4 and why not it was good enough to get 1st, the weapon form I can see lots of lacklustre things there the spinning hook kick especially, and a couple backwards steps near the end. Not too shabby though I don't think.