Welcome to the All New and Improved Site

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by hongkongfuey, Feb 8, 2004.

1. hongkongfuey

hongkongfuey Kung Fu Geek

Welcome to the new version of Martial Arts Planet.

Just about every area of the site has been upgraded, and in particular the forum and arcade. We really hope you like the changes, but they may take a little getting used to (particularly for some of you 'die hard' members!)

Anything you are not sure of, I've created a new forum for discussing the new site : http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67

The Martial Arts Planet Team

2. hongkongfuey

Site now live - 30 minutes early! A few "bits and bobs" need finished off - Clubs not yet working, and magazine templates are in the process of being upgraded.

Now, who's going to be the first 'user' to login and post a message?

3. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

first impressions: canny

time to look around :D

4. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Niiiiice :D

It'll probably take me most of the afternoon to get the magazine section sorted in between bouts of preparing to have our new kitchen fitted tomorrow!

Getting lots of evil stares from "She who must be obeyed" LOL!

5. Mo Lung

Mo Lung Hard work!

It's very..... blue.

:)

6. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

Nice :D.

Great job guys. Looking forward to exploring :) Thanks.

Blue or Purple?? What do ya reckon Books'?

7. Infesticon #1

Infesticon #1 Majesticon

nice, very nice.

8. YODA

Aye - captain obvious to the rescue :D

9. Em-em

Em-em I wanna go home!

Amazing. Nice job!!

10. Serpico

Serpico New Member

It's sooooo beautiful.

11. chicken

chicken New Member

Looks like a lot of hard work,how many man hours does all this take.

12. redi knight

redi knight New Member

nice color :D

13. Mrs Owt

Mrs Owt New Member

Being a computer idiot myself I would also like to know just how long something like this took. The site is great, and I like the colour, easy on the eyes. Some other forums are so dark and they drive my eyes nuts after a while. Thanks for all the hard work!

14. Loci

Loci Valued Member

it looks wikid, well done :D

15. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

It's blue! :eek:

16. hongkongfuey

Hard to say how long it took to get where we are. The forum itself is standard software (vbulletin) which itself took several man years to develop, so we had a big start with that one.

We've been testing the new version since around November last year - this is the 5th upgrade we have done (4 test, and now live). The topic mods / global mods and admins (and a few members) all did some testing. Yoda designed the new buttons, and redesigned the magazine section. White Wizard put a lot of effort into checking the Arcade section (above and beyond the call of duty - he had every high score :D). I had to do a bit of reprogramming to get various bits to work.

WW is also working on new templates for screen readers for the disabled that will work with the new forum, and there are going to be a lot of new developments based on this new software over the next few months.

Thanks to everyone involved in the move to the new site - it was a great team effort.

17. YODA

We've been working on it since about October.

18. WhiteWizard

WhiteWizard Arctic Assasain

I'd like to thank YODA and HKF especially for the many many hours of work they have put into developing this new version of the site thanks guys.

I'm still trying to get my head round how to do the template stuff so it will probably be a slower process for the screen reader stuff but i am working on it honest :)

19. Shou Tu

Shou Tu New Member

The new look looks Awesome, friendlier look and feel. Great job guys.

20. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Never on Sunday

.... hardly ever get the chance to log on to the site on Sundays (day of rest and all ... ;) ), but wouldn't & couldn't miss the chance to see the new MAP version go "live".

Great job guys! Lookin' good [​IMG]