Welcome Back.... Journals!!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Anth, May 19, 2008.

1. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

One of the sections that a lot of people have missed since we upgraded the site, the Journals, is back!

The place has had a total overhaul to make it a bit more "MAP'y" compared to the old version which we'd used for a good few years.

New features include a search function and a better moods system, improved posting area (exactly the same as the usual new thread/post screen on the forum), the ability to download your own journal in .txt (Notepad) format and some better integration with the forum (check my profile for an example).

Unfortunately we haven't been able to import the old journals into the new software (which I apologise for) but we do have a copy in case we suss it at some point in the future (though its unlikely).

To get started, simply click this link or the Journals link in the navbar (between Support and Refer) and get your new Journal going!

Have fun, and all hail MAP Journals! :D

:Anth:

2. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

Would this be one of those things you were talking about?? :rolleyes:

Way to go ANTH!

3. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Yep, all of the little links I was on about go to the journals :D

4. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Hey Anth, nice work!

I think it's great the map staff listen to what people want and constantly strive to improve the site. Good work Marra :D

5. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

I like the profile thing too!

6. Sam

Sam Absent-ish member

Good work (as usual) Anth! :)

7. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

We do? I thought I was bring back journals just for my use? :Angel:

8. Victoria

Victoria Pretzel In Training

Yay! :D

Quick dumb question - are these journals ideally MA related or can they be 'anything' related?

9. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Exactly the same as the old ones topic-wise, just different software :)

10. Victoria

I never used the old ones :cool: But I saw quite a few personal posts so I'm guessing it's 'anything'?

11. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Yep, anything and everything (within Terms of Service, of course!). Use it as a general blog, as a training record or whatever :)

12. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Yep, anything and everything generally. Lots of people used them as blogs almost, posting on their day to day lives. This is one of those things we've added for everyone to enjoy, so long as its not abused we don't mind whats written there

13. Victoria

What about the private entries? :D

Nice job!

14. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Theres nothing entirely private on a web forum, so don't even think it ;)

15. Victoria

Tell me about it :rolleyes:

Anyway, looks cool, and the profile part is great :)

16. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Is there some way to subscribe to your own journal? I'd like to get email alerts from any comments and it's not immeadiately (to me) obvious how.

17. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Not that I've found, and I think adding it may be above my ability level at the moment.

Doesn't mean I wont try it like :D

18. Gary

Aye, if it ain't broke try and fix it until it is :D

19. Victoria

It would be nice to set alerts, save checking back all the time. Or, I could just not be so lazy...

20. Gary

Just to clarify in case you're not already looking into it but being able to subscribe to any journal not just your own would be more useful.