Weird Guitars

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Shantari, Jul 30, 2005.

1. Prophet

Prophet ♥ H&F ♥

Ill post my own acoustic. Some would consider it weird. It is pretty funky.

Neubauer - 1952 German handcrafted archtop - prime condition.

The tone is just beautiful. Nicest sounding archtop I've ever played.

In fact, it has the nicest tone of any acoustic I've ever played IMO.

[​IMG]

(hehe, i got away with using "tone" twice!) :D

2. Mister_Ball

Mister_Ball Just your average guy

Well the ones with out the hate are actualy pretty good, i would know, i have one :). Besides its the signiture model for Mick(the metal masked dude) in slipknot so what do you expect . . . . . . even though he plays inbanezes now so i guess your right, still a good guitar though.

3. Tyranith

Tyranith New Member

I had a BC Rich warlock for a while (standard bronze edition). It was a pretty horrible guitar for me, the weight distribution felt all wrong, the bridge sucked, the pots were bad (had to be replaced). I went on to a Jackson Warrior XT, which was OK but had some things about it I didn't like (specifically the badly made Lic. Floyd Rose bridge).

I now have one of these, and it really is a wonderful guitar:

[​IMG]

Those are real Seymour Duncans, and they have an absolutely stunning sound, especially when you play a nice low A powerchord :D.

4. Mister_Ball

AH well, warlocks not for everyone but i really like it. However i see you have a shector now, was thinking of getting either c1 elite,or c1 fr of them.

5. Tyranith

Tyranith New Member

You really can't go wrong with a Schecter. Sound Control down Grassmarket will have a couple I'm sure :)

6. Shantari

Shantari Valued Member

is it just me or does that guitar have 7 strings?

7. Tyranith

Tyranith New Member

It does indeed, that's why it's called the 007 Blackjack :)
    I tune it to AEADGBE, so I've got standard tuning, but have got a low A drop tuning if I want some low power chords.

Mister Ball, do you by any chance practise Ninjutsu at the BBD Dojo on Arthur Street off Leith Walk?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2005
  8. Shantari

Shantari Valued Member

awsome, you should make a recording and let us hear, sounds great!

9. Tyranith

Tyranith New Member

I will at some point if you like, be warned though I'm not very good =p

10. Mister_Ball

11. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Prophet - that is a really nice guitar!

Tyranith - you are the only person I have ever come into contact with who actually uses a 7 string! Here's me thinking it's just Steve Vai sat about in his studio playing about, wishing they became popular! :)

12. Lithanwif

Lithanwif Human Punchbag

my weirdest guitar?

A 1980's squire bullet, I swapped a starter motor for.
    I rewired it, and somehow managed to get rid of the 50Hz hum.

now it's completely silent when plugged in and on until you hit it....

...and because I wood blocked the trem it sustains forever.

Still a bit of wood with wire on it, wish I'd done it to a real strat.

Other than that it's a choice of any of the other twelve...when my missus and I got together we discovered a guitar collection and we been topping it up ever since.

Just added a seventies Eko twelve and an ovation electro acoustic

Although now I want a seven string too

13. Tyranith

Tyranith New Member

Tim Flucky from Adema uses a 007-Elite , which explains why they have such a nice growly guitar sound. Jani from Sonata Arctica also got a 7-string Ibanez for their new album, Reckoning Night.

Other than that I don't really know any popular guitarists who use a 7-string, which I'm slightly surprised at. They're not difficult to get used to, sound great, and are extremely versatile (like I said, I can tune to aeadgbe, so I've got standard tuning as well as a dropped string for easy power chords).