Weightlifting and a Vegetarian Diet

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Gray, Dec 23, 2005.

1. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

agree 100% percent. i was sitting next to a man on a train who was reading about jamie oliver cutting a lambs throat. he said ' disgusting isnt it'. he was eating a bacon sandwich at the time. ive killed a chicken before. didnt feel any remorse at all as i ate it afterwards. its what being at the top of the food chain is all about really :p

2. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Precisely. I'm a scientist and I would hate to think any other way :D

3. Gray

Gray New Member

Can you do me a favour and just close this thread please? My original question has been ignored by most people, and this should go to Off-Topic.

4. gutsglorydesire

gutsglorydesire New Member

I will get back to topic. Ad i dont eat maet , not even eggs . Though i m pretty fit is there anything partcularly i m missing ( and i dont mean in taste) . any particular supplement which is more valid for veggies?

5. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Protein and creatine to name 2. There are so many other components missing in vegetarian diets that they aren't even worth listing. Definitely check out some of Mike Mahlers stuff for some great info.

6. Combatant

Combatant Monsiour Fitness himself.

Get a grip mate, threads go off on a tangeant somethimes- thats what disscussion is all about. If people just answered your origional question this thread would be dead by now and you will be none the wiser as to why your diet is not suitable for weight training.

There must be a million websites for your needs why not google it? People have answered your question. Protien mixing was mentioned, have you made any effort to look that up and educate yourself on it after it was mentioned? I doubt it (but only you know the answer to that). Basicly without that your progress will be limited and as adam mentioned you will be missing out on more then just protien.

As far as anecdotal evidence goes; I have yet to see a strong and healthy looking vegatarian. It is very possible, but most people are not disaplined or knowledgeable enough to eat correctly.