Weightlifting and a Vegetarian Diet

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Gray, Dec 23, 2005.

1. wrydolphin

wrydolphin Pirates... yaarrrr Supporter

All human fat is saturated, stop being a dork.
    The links you provided were crap.

2. Hedgehog Ninja

Hedgehog Ninja New Member

Guys, this is waaay OT. Poor Gray asked a question about a veggie diet. Can we all leave the troll to rot now and go back to the original topic...? :)

3. JKD_forever

JKD_forever DEADLIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!

we use to need meat because our ancestors couldn’t get all of the nutritions from plants, simple as that. NOW we have technology and knowledge to eat only veggies or whatever and get the rest from supplements.... and that’s the fact.... simple as that.
    That said, to each their own..... Just don't talk about not eating meat because of so called moral please its redundant and funny….eating meat has noting to do with moral.

4. Razwell'shere

Razwell'shere Banned Banned

My Links Were Great Fool. Unlearn Your Useless Aha Information

It Has Killed Millions.

OUR STOMACHS HAVE TYPICAL CARNIVORE CHARACTERISTICS THEY ARE NOT VEGETARIAN STOMACH ORGANS LIKE ELEPHANTS.

WE NEED MEAT TO BE TRULY HEALTHY.

LOOK AT ORNISH HE HAS AGED TERRIBLY LOOKS LIKE A GLUPPY NECKED PUKE.

LOOK AT STERN HE AGED TERRIBLY FROM 1997.

LOOK AT THE MASAI ELDERS THEY AGE GREAT

Last edited: Dec 23, 2005
  5. wrydolphin

Yep, sorry. :D
    I had looked at the resources originally given a while back and they are actually quite good. I know that protein is the main concern for body building, but you can actually get plenty of good vegitable proteins.
    But a multivitamen is a good idea, especially as the B vits are reduced and iron.

6. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

Oh god, not this idiot again. Not another one of IchokeYou's puppet accounts by any chance?

7. Razwell'shere

I'm Razwell, not that guy. Razwell is known

Just ask Oldman who has drawn me many times.

8. Hedgehog Ninja

Hedgehog Ninja New Member

Hmmm. I find "so called morals" more than a little offensive.

In my humble opinion your statement "eating meat has nothing to do with moral" is totally incorrect. This is like saying life is nothing to do with morals; everything you do in life has a consequence, and reflects on your morals.

When you eat meat - actually, wait, let's start at the beginning.

When you *pay* for meat, you are paying a little money towards the people and the machines that slaughter millions and millions of living creatures - animals like us - in horrible, horrible ways. By paying this money, you are allowing them to continue their work. How would you feel knowing that you're endorsing genocide? I don't mean that as an accusation, because I'm not here to accuse you - rather to give you food for thought.

When you eat the meat, you're consuming the flesh of another creature. Now some people have no problem with this - and I'd have no problem if it wasn't for the fact that the creature was murdered in horrific circumstances before his or her time. If the animal had died of natural causes then it'd be free game in my opinion.

I don't see how this is a redundant view, JKDforever. If anything I would consider your view to be the more "redundant" because it seems (from what I've read so far, apologies if I'm wrong) narrow-minded. And this is the 21st century we live in, you know. ;)

-HN. :yeleyes:

9. Razwell'shere

10. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

11. Razwell'shere

Hahahahahahahah!

12. JKD_forever

JKD_forever DEADLIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offensive? No, it’s not offensive at all. It’s all you.

What kind of logic did you study? That argument is fallacious on oh so many sides. I did not say life has nothing to do with morals, sorry.

Oh so scary and sad, horrible horrible ways those animals died. Well, i hate to bring this up to you but our whole society works that way. What planet you come from? But it seems it’s only the problem when we talk about animals.
    By the way, that same amount abuse is done today on plants, but you have no problems with that? Heck gotta eat something…..

GENOCIDE??? What are you a tomato? It’s called mass production, the only way today to satisfy us all.
    By the way, it always amazes me how people would go so far to “defend” animal rights yet wouldn’t do much for their own kind.
    When people say “I don’t eat meat because I’m moral” does that make me LESS moral ot totally immoral because I am eating that animal who died oh so terrible way?

I like to eat flash i like to chew on bones, I like to suck bone marrow from bones, cuz I’m only human, last time i checked. So, if animal died of natural cause then you have no problem with consuming the flash of it!? Lol i find that funny....
    I’m sick of people saying eating meat is immoral …

13. Gray

Gray New Member

Hey guys, I've got an idea.

STOP YOUR ARGUING. IGNORE THE TROLL. I didn't start this topic to have an idealogical discussion.

14. wrydolphin

Gray,
    Do you practice protein mixing? I have read that you need it and that it isn't needed as your body breaks down protiens and makes all but the essential amino acids. What have you heard?

15. Gray

Gray New Member

Oh, I really couldn't tell ya anything. I don't know too much about protein mixing, or anything like that. I never really paid much attention in Health classes either... heh heh. If you have any links on the subject though, I'd really appreciate it. As of late I really want to do what I can to increase my health and fitness.

16. wrydolphin

I can't find anything right now, but that might be more to do with my being tired then anything else. Just that logically, I don't think you have to worry about mixing your proteins once you compensate for the fact that vegitable protein is harder to digest, therefore you need more of a protein containing food then you would if that food was meat based (except for soy, which its digestability is compreable to that of animal based protien). I do know that the essential amino acids are harder to get from a veggie diet (but you said you are lacto-ovo as am I, when I am going veggie that is). A lacto-ovo diet shouldn't need suppliments of amino acids.

Also, I don't know that the whole protein mixing in needed because the body naturally makes the amino acids it needs by breaking down proteins from the diet. So other then the essential aminos, anything needed can be made from any protein.

Anyway, those are my thoughts.

17. flaming

flaming Valued Member

Complete proteins have all you need, egg, milk, whey, casein, soy are all complete and vegetarian. Lentils and beans have protein but not complete realy good though.

18. Combatant

Combatant Monsiour Fitness himself.

They are your views, fine. But they should not be imposed on others. Genocide???? Come on.

You would'nt have lasted long in the wild. If an animal dies of natural causes then it is probably diseased.

Actually it is not that horrific. Its very quick for a reason. When an animal is killed slowly or is very scared then it releases a lot of adrenaline which ruins the meat. So a lot of measures are in place to make it as quick and least stressful for the animals in there final hours. Do you think a lion would give the animal this kind of treatment?

19. Gray

Gray New Member

Guys, start a discussion on vegetarianism elsewhere. This is the H&F Forum. Take it to Off-Topic.

20. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

I for one love eating red meat. I watched Gordon Ramseys F word programme the other day, which included the slaughter of the turkeys he had kept for his christmas dinner. Very interesting. I don't have a problem with it, it's a perfectly natural thing for humans to eat other species. What I do think is a little strange is all those people who say "omg, how can anybody do that?" when they see a slaughter, yet they eat meat all the time! If we didn't sell meat in the shops then you can bet your bottom dollar I would be rearing chickens and regularly shooting animals for food.

I have to put the mod hat on for a minute now, and agree that this discussion be taken elsewhere. If you feel the need, create an alternative thread in off-topic. It would be too difficult to split this one and clean it up. Sorry chaps!

Anyway... red meat rules. Discuss :D