Weightlifting and a Vegetarian Diet

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Gray, Dec 23, 2005.

1. Razwell'shere

Razwell'shere Banned Banned

I post facts. Do YOUR research. PALEOLITHIC CAVEMAN RELIED HEAVILY ON FATTY MEAT SUPPLEMENTED BY LEAFY GREENS, IN SEASON BERRIES AND NUTS.

NEOLITHIC SWITCHED TO AGRICULTURE AND BECAME LAZY.

10,000 YEARS IS NOT THAT LONG COMPARED TO MILLIONS.

WE EVOLVED TO EAT LIKE THE PALLEOLITHIC CAVEMAN. NEOLITHIC HAD PALEOLITHIC GENES AND MADE THE SWITCH 10,000 YEARS AGO

YOU CAN IGNORE THEM IF YOU CHOOSE TO BE FOOLISH.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2005
  2. Hedgehog Ninja

Hedgehog Ninja New Member

Where'd you go in England? I live in London and it's easy. In Central London there are loads of decent restaurants (Indian and all the different types thereof, Chinese, Thai, Italian, Greek, Lebanese, the list goes on) where you can get delicious, healthy food that's vegan.

When it comes to buying food you should (if you don't already) make your own. There are a great number of health food shops (brand names: Holland and Barrett and Fresh and Wild are my two favourites right now - they sell good quality vegetables and more importantly lentils :love:) around - just browse.

Although it sounds like you didn't go into London. Whereabouts did you go? I find that (no slur intended) that there are less vegans and vegetarians the further north you get in Britain, although it's still possible to eat well if you know the city. Where did you go?

Personally I don't go in for supplements. I am well aware of all their benefits; I don't eat them out of personal choice because I want to be able to look back in a couple years and say, "I got to where I am now with a good, healthy, normal diet and some gym-savvy". I'm sure that supplements are great and that people get really good results out of them - it's just my personal choice. :)

If you're a new veggie you'll want to watch your iron consumption tho' - some vegans don't know enough about the food they eat and they are chronically short of iron and magnesium. Almonds are a great source of magnesium and leafy vegetables are great for iron. Finally - it sounds silly, but it works - cooking your food in a cast iron pan can slightly increase the iron levels.

Sorry, did I overshare? ;)

3. TheDarkJester

TheDarkJester 90% Sarcasm, 10% Mostly Good Advice.

First off how is agriculture lazy? Sounds like someone whose never worked on a farm or for that fact a single hard day in their lives. Calling people fools and constantly attacking, typing in caps is going to earn you a swift kick in the ass outta here Razwell. We've heard your side of the argument now be polite, step back and let others speak.

You strike me as the kind of bully child in kindergarten that hogged the finger paint...

4. Razwell'shere

It Isn't "my" Side It's Evolution, fool!

hunting your food is alot harder than planting it in the ground fool

THEY WANTED IT EASIER, FOOL!

5. harhar

harhar I hate semaphores

They eat an average of a table spoon of tofu a week.

6. Hedgehog Ninja

Hedgehog Ninja New Member

Dude, I agree, we all agree, but don't feed him. We're not interested in how the AHA is planning to turn Miami into a Paleolithic culture full of men wearing loincloths hunting polar bears...are we?*

*read the Red Meat thread

Back to topic...

7. Razwell'shere

Evolution Proves You Vegetarians wrong 100 Percent Wrong.

8. TheDarkJester

TheDarkJester 90% Sarcasm, 10% Mostly Good Advice.

dude are you a gangster? why do you insist on calling everyone fools if they don't agree with your (albeit narrowminded) point of view?

You're right.. Planting a seed is easier.. its the whole.. ya know.. plowing the earth, forming rows, tending the earth and harvesting thing I think you neglected to mention.

You say its easier? how??? Killing an animal doesn't take 2 seasons. Farming however takes half a year at bare minimum to reap the fruits. Its painfully obvious you're a troll with one decent insult to your repetoire.

You sound like an atkins representative.. go peddle your crackpot ideas elsewhere sir.

Fewl :D

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to eat my Tofu while reading hippy magazines to get you ****y while you stew in your mothers basement.

9. wrydolphin

wrydolphin Pirates... yaarrrr Supporter

Actually, when the corprolite studies where done, over 90% of the pre-historic diet of hunter-gatherers was vegititave. In my area it was primarily sotol and agave, which requires several days of cooking.
    In fact, they only poeple who have evolved to have a high meat diet are the Inuit, in which case the only vegitation that they eat comes from the stomachs of the reindeer. Of course, they have had millenia to adjust to this diet.
    If you want to spout bad anthropology, do yourself a favor and make sure there aren't any people who were archeaologists about. Mkay?

10. Pobeli

Pobeli Valued Member

Fixed. :D

11. Razwell'shere

fatty Meat Was The Staple You Fool Of Paleolithic Man

www.theomnivore.com!!!

YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY UNFAMILIAR WITH THE RHINOS HIPPOS AND MAMMOTHS ALL HUNTED BY MANY PALEOLITHIC CULTURES, FOOL

REMEMBER, FOOL, I SAID PALEOLITHIC , THE FIRST, FOOL.

NOT NEOLITHIC. THEY WERE HUNTERS MORE THAN GATHERERS. PALEOLITHIC HUNTED MEAT YOU FOOL THEY HAVE THE EVIDENCE IN THEIR HANDS OF WEAPONS AND MAMMOTHS WITH THEM. READ ON WWW.THEOMNIVORE.COM YOU FOOL!

Research

12. Pobeli

Pobeli Valued Member

He obviously won't take a (very strong) hint. I'm just going to ignore him and hope he goes away or is banned.

13. wrydolphin

Hm.
    They hunted meat, yes. But the majority of their diet was gathered, not hunted. Most of the large drives produced meat that was split up within the community and made to last for months. So while winter would be primarily meat, spring, summer and automn were primarily plant, and generally fruit.

While humans evolved from a fruit and meat eating (which accounts for the shorter intestinal tract) primate, that does not mean that a vegitarian diet is not healthy.

14. Razwell'shere

Vegetables are very important, but we NEED meat , be it land meat or sea meat, preferably both. We NEED meat to function optimally. Ideally a mixture of fatty beef and fatty fish,(land meat and sea meat) with the vegetables.

Evolution INTENDED us to have meat too, NOT just vegetables. The Masai and Inuits just go to the opposite end, Okinawans have more of a balance.

BUT the Masai and Inuits have no bad effects from this. We have strong canine tendencies.

15. Razwell'shere

and these are the reasons

16. wrydolphin

1. We have canines because we are primates. Promenant canines is one of the traits of all primates, especially apes. Please note that the largest canines belong to gorillas, and they most definately are NOT carnivorous. Canines are a part of sexual dimorphism and communication in primates.

2. Yep.

3. We cannot digest cellulose because we have evolved from primates (again apes, not monkeys) that eat fruit. Apes that eat leaves have a digestive system to handle it. We are fruit eaters, fruit is easy to digest.

4. See above.

5. We are omnivores with a strong fruit tendency.

6. Actually, game meat has less saturated fat and higher omega 3 and 6. Even grass fed beef has less staturated fat. So your aguement is false from the get go.

7. Cause diet is the only risk factor involved in heart disease? Yeah, right.

8. Stop using "fool" or Mr. T will find out and kick your butt.

17. Razwell'shere

Chimpanzees Are cannibals You Fool!!!

Gorillas Are One Of The Few Who Don't Canibalize

Chimps Have Recently Been Found Doing This

GORILLAS HAVE THE TYPICAL VEGETARIAN STOMACH, FOOL

TOTALLY DIFFERENT THAN OURS

THEY NEED THEIR TEETH FOR THE BAMBOO

CHIMPS USE THEM FOR CANNIBALISM, DISCOVERY , WATCH IT I'VE SEEN THEM EAT EACH OTHER AND SO HAVE SCIENTISTS RECORDED EVIDENCE

GORILLAS CAN DIGEST CELLULOSE, FOOL

FACT THE FAT FOUND IN BUFFALO MEAT IS MORE SATURATED THAN BEEF YOU FOOL! FACT

WE ARE MOST SIMILAR TO CHIMPS WHO ARE CANNIBALS AND WE ARE EXACTLY LIKE THE PALEOLITHIC CAVEMAN DNA WISE EXACTLY, FOOL!

18. lordazazel

lordazazel Valued Member

19. wrydolphin

Most of what you were saying comes from Goodall's research, which has come under question recently. Because of they way she attracted the chimps, no one knows their full natural behaivor. Yes chimps are omnivourus, however. They are also mainly fruit eaters. Just like us.

No, no its not.

The more time you spend posting, the more you are coming off as a moron. Try doing some real research first, kiddo. :D

20. Razwell'shere

I Made You Look Bad Fool You're Just Rtying To Save Face

ALL VEGETARIAN ANIMALS HAVE THE ABILITY TO DIGEST CELLULOSE, WE DO NOT.

Chimps Special I Saw Was Not Jane Goodall. It Was Natural Behaviour. Hidden Camera.

Saturated Fat Protects I Have Provided The Links Fool
    Masai Okinawans Etc..

THE LIPID HYPOTHESIS IS JUNK AND YOU HAVE BEEN SCAMMED BY THE AHA

The fat that surrounds the heart is SATURATED you fool