weight training ........

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by cioGium, Apr 21, 2003.

1. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

So it's best not to have this same routine if you going to work at it more then once a week? Why is that?

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Because training it at the intensity I stated - and following squats with Deadlifts, would be too much. For more than once per week I would include a different mix - maybe Squat & Deadlift in one workout and Squat & Power Clean or Hang Clean in the other. I would also include overhead press or push-press in one workout and maybe mix up the cing s& pullups a little.

3. YODA

......on the subject of weight training & conditioning in general - I'm about to start a new training protocol which is different from anything I've used before. It involves weights & bodyweight exercises and all manner of other stuff.

This is partly because I'm injured and need to take at least 8 weeks or so off martial arts training - but regulated conditioning is something I can work on whilst working around the injury (it's my hip).

I'm not going to give too much away - I'm unsure of the merits of this type of training so its Yoda the guinee pig time. From what I hear & from what I've read this is gonna rock. Watch this space :D

4. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Dave, how about a training diary article from you about it? Once you've done 8 weeks you could do a pro' and con's write up on the routine?

Just a thought.

Col

5. YODA

You read my mind :D

I'll log everything for the next 3 months :D

6. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Day 1, training hard, still not King.

Day 34, still training hard, I think the other gym users are admiring my lycra. Still not King.

;)

7. r4bid

r4bid New Member

Sounds great Yoda, I can't wait to hear your report.

8. YODA

LOL! You've been reading that Aragorn diary methinks :D

Have you read others?

9. Guitarboy1212

Guitarboy1212 New Member

since this is still on the topics of conditioning, can anyone give me a good site on how to make a makiwara.

10. steeldiscipline

steeldiscipline New Member

As we know 90% of fights end up on the ground. Have you ever had a 6'5" 315lb bodybuilder laying on top of you on the ground? Me nether but, I bet it SUCKS.

11. Cain

Cain New Member

LOL! :D

|Cain|