[Weapons] Long Shot Hopeful Request...

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Kuniku, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Kuniku

Kuniku The Hairy Jujutsuka

Hi MAPers,

A while ago I stumbled upon a website of a guy here in the UK who had a lovely website and what appeared to be a carpentry website for, mostly, making wooden weapons for martial arts and LARPing.

Among the various LARPing weapons this guy made some really nice looking wooden Naginata. Something I was very interested in. I thought to myself "I'll have to remember this for a potential birthday idea". The thing is with my birthday coming up I've remembered it, but it would appear I didn't bookmark the page... nor can I seem to find the website - turns out my Google-fu is weak!

At the time I found it really eailsy, just by accident while looking for something else weapon related. The problem is I can't remember what I searched for. And all I can find now is the 'generic' wooden naginata on all the martial arts store pages which usually costs £100+ which I actually really dislike the look of.

I know its a long shot, but I don't suppose anyone knows of the site I found? I really liked the look of the weapons this guy made, and just to make it a sweeter deal the naginata were only £30-40 rather than £100+...

Any help is appreciated ^__^

2. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

3. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Just so you know. Nine Circles put the VAT on at checkout.

:D

4. Kuniku

Yeh thats the one I've seen on various sites, admittedly it is a tad cheaper on ninecircles, but I really dislike the design of it IMO, this other one I'd seen actually looked a lot more like a naginata, rather than a bo with a slight curve on the end.

5. Kuniku

that'll explain the price difference then =p

6. Ben Gash CLF

I always find that really disingenuous on a retail website.

7. Ben Gash CLF

Indeed

8. Zombie Bokken

Zombie Bokken Valued Member

Sounds like a great website if only someone could remember its address.

I found this one from a bloke in Croatia who makes gorgeous wooden weapons but not sure how much and they are made to order so I guess they aren't cheap but look at his naginata I havent seen any nicer looking ones anywhere else.

http://paart-budo-buki.blogspot.co.uk/

IF anyone remembers the UK address of the LARP fella I would be interested as I am looking for decent wooden ken.

9. Zombie Bokken

Zombie Bokken Valued Member

Weird - I did post a reply but it has never appeared?

I found a website of a bloke in croatia who makes lovely looking wooden weapons - no prices and as they are made to order I expect they will cost a fair bit. Just google paart.

If you ever found the original website can you post the details, please. I am interested in finding a decent wooden ken.

Cheers

10. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Nine Circles do Takamatsuden bokuto, Togakure and Kuki.

Or are you after ken as in straight sword? This years theme isn't it?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  11. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Sorry, post now approved.