Weapons in Germany

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by kobudo_tob, Jun 21, 2003.

1. kobudo_tob

kobudo_tob Valued Member

Ok I'm in a bit of a pickle........

The karate school I am associated with is travelling to Dortmand as part of an exchange programme. I have been asking to do a kobudo class, but - and its a BIG BUT - many of the weapons I use/teach are illegal in DeutschLand.

So i was just wondering if anyone here knew what specific weapons are outlawed. I know its a long shot, but I am going to speak to the embassy over there just for clarification.

So fair, it looks like I'll have to buy more sets of foam nunchaku - and foam gama - and foam tonfa - and foam sticks.............

2. JessyBlue

JessyBlue New Member

Hey, no problem.
    We are all training with real weapons and it is no problem.
    You should only keep in mind that they are supposed not to be sharpened.

I live near dortmund :)

3. musclemania

musclemania New Member

knuckle dusters

hi all

while we are on the subject of wepons i was woundering if anyyone here knows where i can find a knuckle duster in the uk on the web. thankjs any help would be greatfull .

piece out

4. JessyBlue

JessyBlue New Member

A what?

5. Darkflight

Darkflight New Member

A knuckleduster. A metal device with raised knobbles on that's grapiied in the hand as you punch someone. Highly illegal in the UK at least.

6. JessyBlue

JessyBlue New Member

Ah, now I know.
    HavenĀ“t any Idea. Maybe you have to order one from a store in a foreign country or just train your knuckles till they are as hard as a knuckleduster. :)

7. kobudo_tob

kobudo_tob Valued Member

Hmmmmmmmm.........I'm getting mixed answers from many mixed people. Looks like I'll talk to the embassy.

8. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

In the USA it's called "brass knuckles." The illegality varies by the State. But you know, a roll of coins clenched firmly is almost as good. In American currency nickles are best. I don't know about UK coin sizes.

9. Adam

Adam New Member

They're illegal in Scandinavia. They're useful for breaking bones in the face, that's what they're designed to do as well as ad weight and oompf to your punches.

10. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Re: knuckle dusters

Errrrr..... and WHY do you want a knuckle duster?

11. musclemania

musclemania New Member

i want it to collect them

well thats what i tell the adults anyway.

i need it for intimidation and self defence reasons

its a long story so dont ask

12. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Ok I won't ask.

Better not tell you where then also :D

13. Darkflight

Darkflight New Member

I can't see such things being supplied to the UK by any legitimate company. I think they're illegal full stop, even in your own home.

14. khafra

khafra New Member

They are illegal. But I don't have Yoda's morals, so I'll let you know: Brass knuckle shaped paperweights made out of brass are not illegal, and can usually be found at that store in your mall with all the replica Klingon blades, ornamental claymores, and balisongs.

15. Nunchaku

Nunchaku New Member

To return to the original question: most weapons are illegal in Germany. on the other hand, most weapon laws have a clause for martial artists. However, in most cases you will need to be associated with an organization and apply for a permit.

Safety-products, like the safety-nunchaku are much easier to obtain. I recommend not to try to obtain real weapons yourself, German law is strict!

16. Combatant

Combatant Monsiour Fitness himself.

Dusties are highly illegal in england in any shape of form. If you are caught with them you wil be in the ****.

That said- I own 2. (Not for sale, I have a conciense). ;-)