Weapons Bags anyone?

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Reiki, Jun 18, 2004.

1. Reiki

Reiki Ki is everything!

What do u carry or store your weapons in - if anything?

My normal training/gear bag is too short for my katana, so at the moment it's in an old bo bag so that it isn't too obvious when it's sitting around at home or in the back of my car.

It isnt the best option because it's only a fairly thin canvas and I have had to double it over to take the wakizashi as well. It doesn't carry that easily or securely and I'd prefer to have something with a strap on it.

I'd like to find something that is more purpose built for the job and hopefully has more than one compartment so I can use it for both plus a bokken.

2. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

I don't even have a bag yet, but all I have in weapons so far is a bo, a hanbo, and a Tai Chi staff, so I can get away with just rubber-banding them all together -- not like I have a katana showing in my car.

I want to get a weapons bag, but my Tai Chi staff will stick out the top, since it is much too long for standard weapons bags. I was thinking of getting some heavy-weight black canvas and making one, but I may not have the time to do that. If I do, I'll post the plans for it -- I wanted to make it multi-compartment so everything would have a place, and not be all jumbled together.

Incidentally, does anyone know if it's possible to get weapons bags over seven feet long?

3. Lao

Lao New Member

Last edited: Jun 18, 2004
  4. Kogusoku

Kogusoku 髭また伸びた! Supporter

5. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Wow, thanks for that link, Gunyo Kogusoku! They have a naginata case that is 90 inches long --will just about fit my Tai Chi Chuan staff!

6. Mrs Owt

Mrs Owt New Member

I have just made a set of weapons bags for myself. They are made out of neoprene so they are flexbile and can be folded up when I have the weapons out of them. Plus, they are somewhat padded so things like the sai, tonfa and kama don't bang together and take chunks out of eachother. That is the nice thing having and industrial sewing operation at your disposal, custom gear like this is only a bit of elbow grease away! ;)

7. Kinjiro Tsukasa

I was considering making my own bag -- I was just wondering whether my standard household 50-year-old sewing machine could handle the heavy-weight canvas, even with a heavy duty needle!

8. Mrs Owt

Mrs Owt New Member

Wait until next summer and I'll make you one when you are here! Won't take me long, just bring the dimensions you need and VOILA! one weapons bag made to order! :)

9. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

I use a big Ice Hockey bag with wheels. Holds LOTS of stuff!

10. shootodog

shootodog restless native

i use an old professional photography tripod bag. has slings and all. my old fencing bag is too beat up to carry anything.

11. JamieD

JamieD Valued Member

A Hockey Bag does me, very hard wearing and loads of pockets. I have managed to get 10 sticks, chuks, knives and sword great for carrying (very handy if your a biker) highly recommend it.

J

12. Mind Aflame

Mind Aflame New Member

That's a good idea, I'd never thought of that. I Use a cricket bag mostly but it's still not that huge.

13. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

i just dump everything in my holdall, my sai case only just fits in. the bo has to go over the handlebars when im cycling to training.

14. Matt_Bernius

Matt_Bernius a student and a teacher

I use a baseball bag as well. Though I had never thought about a hockey bag. I might eventually switch to that as I find the BB bag to sometimes be a bit small for uniforms and stuff.

- Matt

15. stumpy

stumpy Valued Member

I've got a fencing bag that seems to handle swords and the like quite well (surprise, surprise). It's got lots of pockets and space for gloves/pads/uniform as well.
    Not too much use for staffs though.

16. Cudgel

Cudgel The name says it all

I use a shinai bag and it holds most of my weapons baring anything that have cross guards, about half of my weapons, but I can strapp them to the out side and I have use another bag to hold my other gear.
    My big thing Is I need a bag thats over 6 feet long and maybe 2 feet in diameter some of my weapons have large cross guards.

17. LightFury

LightFury creator of my own world

why not go to your local fishing store and get one of those long bags that they put fishing rods in? i think they would be a good length for bo's hanbos and your tai chi staves

18. Kinjiro Tsukasa

I never thought of using a fishing rod bag -- I'll check that out, since I live not far from an auction house that has a large selection of fishing equipment.

For now, I'm using a standard six-foot bag (with more than a foot of my Tai Chi staff sticking out of the top), because the rubber bands I was using to hold everything together were degrading in the heat, and breaking off.

19. Scotty Dog

Scotty Dog www.myspace.com/elhig

I'm with the Baseball bag as well for me normal sticks & Pads/gloves. the length is great just wish it was a bit wider, can get most of me everyday kit in it but it's a bit of a squeeze.

For staffs I use a Ski Bag I got cheap in a sale :D

Wish I'd checked out the fishing bags 1st as some of them have little velcro ties to hold the rod's in place

20. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

why on earth did I not think of that myself? the answer has been sitting in my bedroom for 3 years!

*runs off to empty rod holdall for training*

:) :cool: