Weapon Defence

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by smithter, Dec 5, 2012.

1. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

Yup.

And my experimental foray into the wider MA community via MAP is convincing me of the logic of that.

If someone told me they could do something I couldn't, I'd at least ask how they did it before declaring it impossible.

If the accepted way to deal with an incoming knife is to stand front-on and clinch from the inside before moving to outside two-on-one, I'm not suprised at the high fail rate that appears to be the general experience.

As I said, it's face-to-face or not at all. Mitch has his invitation, he can bring markers and T-Shirts if he wants.

2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Ooh, a challenge. Can we film it?

Pistols at dawn? :D

3. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Ill repeat what Mitch said, 2 inches away from you, and you say you can move your body faster then they can move there arm?
    Im just not buying it, maybe if you took that as 2 foot outside of your reach, but then the Tueller drill, still shows that to be problematic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tueller_Drill

4. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

5. David Harrison

Sorry to disappoint you Simon, it is not a challenge.

It was a cordial, and mutual, invitation.

Sorry I can't live up to the standards you would like to see me display.

6. David Harrison

" = inch

' = foot

7. David Harrison

8. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Yeah, that definitely looks like a Te Djinn YellowBamboo Single Dream Hand Fist Uppercut to me, but I don't think it's a "marbo" specific technique being I practice it all the time against steel structures.

9. David Harrison

Honestly, thankyou for injecting a bit of humour into this!

10. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

That's the point of the video :)

I'll most likely be in Bristol in April to watch the black belt gradings of some of my students. If there is time I'll meet David and observe the training. I have no problem reporting either way, finding a skilled SD practitioner would be a great bonus, there are few around.

Again though, I fail to see the problem with producing a video of the training now? JWT produces videos of much of his training, if I made a claim and was asked to produce video I'd have nothing to hide and so would just do it. What's the problem?

As for the centuries old Pathwalkers for whom we seem to have varying claims but no evidence of their existence, perhaps we should start a new thread on that rather than further derail this one?

Mitch

11. Mitch

As could you :)

Mitch

12. David Harrison

Mitch, where could that go that the "Pathwalker Guild" thread didn't cover?

I made it very clear that I don't have evidence of a century's old tradition, and have no interest in defending those claims.

By the way Fusen, ever seen Spinal Tap? I suggest you don't go into set design ;)

13. Simon

In my experience no one is ever shouted down or criticised for posting a video of their training, quite the opposite in fact.

I have several videos on MAP because it is often easier to demonstrate a move than describe it.

I've had people say, "why have you done it that way", but nothing worse than that.

14. David Harrison

I have no reason to.

I'll just be sure not to answer questions about my training experiences from now on.

15. David Harrison

I've said many times, I am not a SD instructor.

16. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

So...are we doing Stonehenge tonight?

17. Simon

But your website states this:

Marbo is an incredibly sophisticated self-defence system.

18. Mitch

Yet you choose to link to a website that states those claims as fact in your MAP sig. Still.

Mitch

19. Mitch

Other than answering the questions raised on a discussion board, which is kind of the point of a discussion board :)

Mitch

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  20. Mitch

On the homepage no less.

Along with
    "Devastatingly effective and incredibly logical personal defence system."
    David H, Southern Counties Marbo.

Mitch