We Didn't Start the Fire

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by wrydolphin, May 25, 2008.

1. wrydolphin

wrydolphin Pirates... yaarrrr Supporter

Ye Li deserves to be spread as far as possible.

For anyone interested in a quick slide through modern history and politics....

http://yeli.us/Flash/Fire.html

2. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

I enjoyed that. :)

Just noticed every picture is linked to Wiki:cool:

Last edited: May 25, 2008
  3. Tartovski

Tartovski Valued Member

Pretty cool, though I don't care for Mr. Joel.
    Love to see that done with "end of the world" by REM... :)

4. Athleng Nordic

Athleng Nordic Sadly passed away. RIP. Supporter

That was Awesome!!! I remember some of that history, what does it say about my age. Seasoned is what it says. :D

5. Banpen Fugyo

Banpen Fugyo 10000 Changes No Surprise

I dont get it.

6. Moi

What's not to get? It's a clever visual representation, using iconic pictures, of a song in itself documenting modern American history. Linking it to Wiki is a nice touch, many people know of the subjects within the song without knowing the full story.

Proberly a media studies project or something. I'd pass him.

7. KFjim

KFjim Valued Member

Sweet!!!!
    They don't write songs like that anymore, political and catchy :)

8. wrydolphin

I had forgotten how much I like Billy Joel. Now there was someone who could write a pop song- not to mention the brilliant way he put an album together.

I have no idea how long Yi Le took to do this, but however long it was, it is a brilliant waste of time! :D

9. Banpen Fugyo

I dunno, I guess I just dont see how its entertaining... Kinda annoying really. The song and the video. I mean, anyone can get a song and make a video with some images off google. Probably take me like 30 min....

Sorry to poop on the parade, lol.

10. Moi

That would have taken days. Looks easy, things done well always do.
    8 million hits on that site, somebody likes it.

ps. The secret is not saying ' I could do that' it's doing it first!

11. Banpen Fugyo

hehe, yeah I dont doubt that...

8mil hits on such a simple and uninteresting video is baffling me. Hence: "I dont get it".

Maybe its an old person thing :p:ban:

12. wrydolphin

Ah, to be young and clueless again.... ;) :p

13. Moi

I think you may have a point there. I can remember the song coming out to much controvasy due to then 'old people' saying "I don't get it, it's just a list"
    Many of the images are again iconic to older people, images don't mean as much now because they are everywhere. Just an old mans ramblings....................where did I put.........what?.........ZZZZZZZZZZ

14. Banpen Fugyo

lol... I recognize a lot of the pictures and faces, in fact I've seen most of them many times before. But I guess since I wasnt around when it occurred, and have never heard this song before, it means next to nothing to me, lol

I thought the song was just some stupid thing a kid made up.... :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

15. Semper Fi

Semper Fi Valued Member

It was always burning!

16. Moi

I like the Oscar Wilde quote in the subliminal messages.

"I am not young enough to know everything":D

17. KFjim

KFjim Valued Member

Hell no! This came from the genius mind that gave us amongst others, 'Piano Man, Christy Lee, Uptown Girl, Its still rock and roll to me and River of Dreams' (although the last one really did get quite annoying, and uptown girl got ruined by some cheap irish boy band).

Although I have to admit as i write this I am becoming slightly worried about how much I like Billy Joel's music????:confused:

18. Banpen Fugyo

The titles dont look familiar (except piano man) but I believe you about them being popular ;)

Ill have to youtube them later when I have speakers and see if I like 'em XD

19. Moi

Bear in mind not many people admit to liking Billy Joel but everyone knows the words to his songs:rolleyes:

20. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

Well... apart from "It's the end of the world as we know it (and I feel fine)" by REM, which is verrrrry similar... :D