WCL impressed by older fighters

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by yannick35, Nov 7, 2008.

1. yannick35

yannick35 Banned Banned

Well i cough up with the WCL kickboxing couple of times and must admit that i am very impressed by the older fighters, range from 34 to 43 years old.

Guess there is still hope for me i am 36, not competing but to get back into martial arts.

2. k1ckboxer

k1ckboxer Valued Member

hi yannick35,
    i'm 37 and would say there is plenty of hope for us old boys. ok it may take me a bit longer to recover from injury now but.. yr only as old as the woman u feel ;)

3. yannick35

yannick35 Banned Banned

Well i am a big Billy Blanks fan, i guess the only one who really enjoyed is B movies but the guy is an athlete, today he is 50 plus years old and still active with tae bo and worst bootcamp.

I guess he is kind of my inspiration. Also Chuck Norris who made is best movies in is 40 and 50.

4. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

We've got a guy trains here that's 49 and is still fighting any comers.
    He's an ex-world champion and knocks most of them out in the first round

Eugene Valerio

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 7, 2008
  5. yannick35

yannick35 Banned Banned

Guy looks in amazing shape WOW.

Now i gotta get going and lose theses 30 pounds of fat and get that stinking 40 inch waiste down sized.

Thanks for inspiration.

6. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Here I come with the Bill Wallace stories again... lol

Seriously though, Bill "Superfoot" Wallace was at his prime in his mid thirties (retired at age 35), but claims he was in better shape and more flexible when he was in his 40s and 50s. He will be 63 in December and he can still do full splits and kick way above his own head - and he never seems to sweat in his seminars!!!

Regards,

Dan

7. yannick35

yannick35 Banned Banned

Bill Superfoot Wallace is one of the most under rated martial artist out there and a shame he didnt make more movies.

This guy was awsome in the protector along Jackie Chang and in the force of one with chuck norris.

I visited is website last year and was happy to find that he is still kicking.

Bill was in all the martial arts magazin back in the early 80, i was reading about him all the time, he gave advise on how to become a pro kickboxer and training and more.

He should have made more movies, what a pure waste of talent, i remember him kicking and he was able to hold is leg in the air and kick again at the same speed.

8. k1ckboxer

k1ckboxer Valued Member

YAWN! oh no not more Bill "Superfoot" wallace please..

9. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Bit late there noticing the Bill Wallace story. Father Time creeping up on you, eh k1ckboxer? ;)

10. k1ckboxer

k1ckboxer Valued Member

hey super foot, if u spent as much time training as u did talking on this forum u would be a great fighter!

11. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

It's called multi-tasking mate!

12. k1ckboxer

k1ckboxer Valued Member

but i thought only women could do that