Was just pointed out to this article

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by HappyAiki, May 9, 2016.

1. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

In a fight, if you can bite one of your opponent's fingers off, that fight will end right there because he will rush to EM and reconnects his finger back onto his hand.

2. SWC Sifu Ben

SWC Sifu Ben I am the law

The same also goes for vertically challenged people trying to drop enchanted jewelry into a volcano

3. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

I'm going to print Jesse's article and use it as toilet paper.

4. HappyAiki

HappyAiki Valued Member

Be careful it doesn't bite your bottom. You know, in self defense. XD

5. Purespite

Purespite Valued Member

Beat me to it - I was just about to start looking for the Vunak kina mutai/dumog vid on you tube - the one, if I remember correctly, with the appalling 3 piece suit :)

6. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

Finally! I've been looking for a strategy to deal with the relentless stream of women that fling themselves into a top side 69 on me when I'm out just minding my own business. Thank you YKW!

7. chucksmanhood

chucksmanhood Valued Member

Vunak wrote a whole book on biting, did he not?

8. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

Most of the time the application of a moistened finger makes them jump straight off ;)

9. Langenschwert

Langenschwert Molon Labe

Regardless of the efficacy of the technique in question, the article's author has clearly bitten off more than he could chew.

I'll get my hat.

10. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

Martial arts require firm discipline and firmer dentition.

11. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

So I agree that "Jesse" has no business commenting on anti-grappling technique. And his marketing approach leaves a lot to be desired. But I just watched his video on improving your side kick. And, within his wheel house, he knows what he's saying. I was actually quite impressed with his technical execution and explanation of the side kick. He just needs to know what he knows and what he doesn't.

12. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

Yeah, some of his Karate blogs I quite like, but he can really put his foot in his mouth sometimes.

13. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Then he bites it

14. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

And a video to go with it