Warrior diet

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by neems, Sep 17, 2017.

1. neems

neems Valued Member

I have more or less for a few years now,I find I can concentrate better on it,haven't yet gotten sick while on it and my stamina is slightly better on it,it's also very convenient for me.

The downsides for me being strength gains are slower and if I ever do a night shift it throws my routine a little bit.

Anyone else follow it?
    Do you find it works well?
    Any major drawbacks for you?

2. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

And what is this ''worrier diet'' of yours??

3. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

Drinking the blood of your enemy from a boot?

Travess

Dead_pool and chatter box like this.
  4. Morik

Morik Well-Known Member Supporter MAP 2017 Gold Award

I think its got to be a skull...

Travess, chatter box and Dead_pool like this.
  5. chatter box

chatter box Member

download (8).jpg

axelb likes this.
  6. chatter box

chatter box Member

Its a skull!

7. Rataca100

Rataca100 Banned Banned

Xenophobia from misunderstood cultures much? They clearly eat the hearts of their enemies. The common misconception is the blood of their enemies. :p

Also, i think he is refering to the book "the warrior diet" i forget its correct name, basically from the amazon proof read its about eating as you feel hungry throughout the day and only havign a meal after the work day is done. Subject to memeory as i have not properly read it recently. I assumed it was going to be about that books diet but then i got this. Hold on while i look for it

8. neems

neems Valued Member

Basically intermittent fasting,in it's simplest form 21 hours fasting/undereating with a 3 hour feasting/overeating window every day,the timing's quite important though,the feast period has to be before bed.

Theres a few other things you can add in like carb load for a few days then fat load for a few days,apparently that mechanism gets stronger the more often you do it.
    I don't bother with that myself.

The book's good even if you decide not to follow the diet,the author (Hoffmekler) has loads of very good interviews on youtube.

9. neems

neems Valued Member

I thought it was more popular than it appears to be here.

10. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

The marketing alone makes me want to ignore it.

The guy hadn't got relevant qualifications, and mercola promotes him, that's enough for me to not bother with it.

11. neems

neems Valued Member

A lot of what he theorises he can't prove,his ideas on 'stress activated nutrients' for example are logical but i haven't seen any hard evidence for it.

But if a diet works,that's all the proof I need.
    And it works for me.

12. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

And there was me thinking that I was just quoting Tom Cruise - Who'da thunk!

Travess

13. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

That would be Xenuphobia.

14. Rataca100

Rataca100 Banned Banned

Shame on you, temple of doom is more accurate. :p

15. Rataca100

Rataca100 Banned Banned

Are you like me then and only gets health magazines for the recipes? XD I woudl take nutritional advice from a doctor rather thana qualified or unqulified nutritionist or Personal trainer. There are too many fads they follow when the simplist thing could be jsut to cut down on processed sugar or to eat less meat. ( i would at least get a second opinion from a GP anyway)

Just as a general note, i was basing my viewpoint on a possibly unrelated book, i am looking into finding it now and i will also do a skim on the google page on the warrior diet i found.

My edit time expired, forgive the double post, i was typing this in as it expired.

[edit]: I was basing it ona pre read of the book which is relivent/this diet, and this is advertised on a martial arts wiki, heh. So i have skimmed the proof read for this diet on Amazon.

16. neems

neems Valued Member

It's definitely not a fad diet,in fact you could argue the opposite.

He's researched the diets of soldiers from antiquity and looked for evidence of why they worked,apparently this was kicked off because he noticed he and the soldiers he served with performed better when they ate in a similar way.

So if anything you could say it's outdated/nostalgia.

17. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

Not into the Scientology puns, huh?

I thought that was one of my best. Tough crowd :p

Dead_pool, Hannibal and Travess like this.
  18. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

It required access to "inner sanctum" knowledge!

Or alternatively required people to care about the cult of whack jobs and con artists that make up scientology

David Harrison likes this.