WARNING - May cause excessive drooling!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by flutterfists, Apr 27, 2006.

1. flutterfists

flutterfists Valued Member

Are waiting for the Nintendo Revolution to come out?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLSnd-jUxdY&feature=Views&page=2&t=t&f=b"]Revolution controller lightsaber - YouTube[/ame]

I am. :love:

2. Tatsumaru

Tatsumaru Your new God!

awww i thought it was gonna be a proper game demo :(

3. Wilson

Wilson Valued Member

wait how does it work? it looks like a remote? how can you play a remote?

4. tom pain

tom pain I want Chewbacc for good

This console will live up to it's name and be revolutionary.

Here's a better video explaining how it works:

[URL="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5638469863865286117&q=nintendo+revolution&pl=true]Sample[/URL]

Whether it plays quite as well as indicated remains to be seen - but it will certainly be worth a look!

EDIT: Not sure if that link works for you - it didn't for me when I tried clicking it. If not go to Google Video and search 'Nintendo Revolution' (even though it is called 'Wii' this search will give you the video I intended to link to).

Last edited: Apr 30, 2006
  5. Jesh

Jesh Dutch Side Of The Force

Ehhh... the console will be named "Wii", and not "Revolution".

6. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

me wants to fin dout more! still have my lil gamecube! i love nintendo games :D

7. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

I'm a gamecube gal... Fight Night 2 on that is awesome.

8. Jon1983uk

Jon1983uk Valued Member

Oooh, ta. :)
    Yah gotta hand it to ol' 'Siggsy' for constantly trying new things. :D
    If Nintendo weren't about, the console wars would be alot more dull in my opinion. :)

Though yes, I did have a giggle at the new name 'Wii'. Whoever came up with that name deserves at least a giant, novelty bar of Cadburys Dairy Milk for their efforts. :D

The lower price and true backwards compatability mean I'll be getting it (I could've said 'I want a Wii!', but I resisted! :D) on release more than likely. I'm not too clued-up on the launch titles yet though. :)

I got Fight Night 2 on 'Cube as well! Was gonna get it on me 'Box but then went all gooey over the promise of Super Punch Out. It's an odd game, incredibly easy until you win the 2nd belt, then it suddenly morphed Silent Hill-style into a parralel world of hard A.I. pain! :eek: :D

9. chrispy

chrispy The Hunter

that looks awesome!

Wilson - how it works is that the Wii will be able to sence the motion and positioning of the controller in 3d space. so that if you are sword fighting in a game you don't just push buttons, but actually sword fight!

10. Wilson

Wilson Valued Member

lol i thought you were joking until i looked it up on google, but that is pretty interesting, im not sure how its going to work with games like metal gear solid, but it definatlet looks interesting.

11. chrispy

chrispy The Hunter

there is also going to be a "shell" that will hold that controller that will make it more like a traditional controller for all the games that you'd need a traditional controller for