Warning! Brutal attack!

Discussion in 'Women's Self Defence' started by Reiki, Apr 17, 2004.

1. Reiki

Reiki Ki is everything!

I found this elsewhere.

Don't watch it unless you have a strong stomach because it is really awful. It's a very brutal attack on an unsuspecting person which makes me shudder to watch but shows only too clearly what can happen if we are not aware of what is going on around us.

WARNING! Graphic robbery and kicking attack caught on CCTV of a female victim in a Russian apartment lobby.
    FYI: Attacker mitriy Chenikov,30 years old is the primary suspect in this matter(attack perpetrated 14 March,2004). Chernikov is a known felon in Kalinan, Russia. He is also suspected of twenty such attacks along with other prior convictions, all drug related.

http://static.fontanka.ru/monstr.html

I don't know if they have caught this monster yet.

What could the woman have done to prevent this?

2. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

Firstly, I hope the woman survived and is getting better.

Secondly, the man needs to die a slow and painful death.

3. mattsylvester

mattsylvester One proud daddy!

Maybe not stood with her back to him. Pressed both lift buttons so she had more options (like not getting into one with him).

Don't know. This is a tricky one. 20 kicks to the head though is pretty hard to avoid.

4. shipto

shipto Atkin's for life

the only thing she could have done was to be more aware she either was not aware of her attacker or she knew him (very unlikely) because she didnt seem to pay him too much attention as she walked through that door.
    Poor woman I do hope she recovered both physically and mentally.

5. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Physically will be the easier part :(

Some knowledge of fighting on and from the ground would certainly of helped.

A good base in fighting in general would have helped better.

6. blackbelt_judoj

blackbelt_judoj New Member

I'm sorry Yoda but i don't think that better knowledge of fightinmg on the ground would of helped. Lets be realistic. I like to think I'm pretty good at that sort of thing but if someone grabbed me like that from behind, i fail to see how i could of avoided having my head stamped on. Even covering my head/face would of done little to protect me from such attack. Admitadly a little more self awerness would of helped but apart from that...who knows?

7. animalguy

animalguy Valued Member

i agree with everyone so far and i hope she is going to be alright also. more awareness, some kind of training, but most important not to leave your back to someone you don't know off the street. if twenty or so attacks have happened surely the news or word of mouth would have gotten to her. stomped in the head that many times, as soon as someone grabs you like that you have to start fighting but without experience you don't know that. when she gets better (optomistic) i don't think she will feel the same about being in small areas with people she doesn't know unfortunately it will not be a feeling of empowerment but probably frightened to the bone thinking that it could happen again. and, sadly, it could because of the mindset only worse.

8. morphus

morphus Doobrey

After watching a few times, though the attack seems vicious - it somehow doesn't look like a real attack. I hope it isn't. But if it is - cut his B*LLS off!

9. La Mancha

La Mancha Valued Member

From what I know of the Russian police, which is 30 years out of date, he will not have an easy time when he is caught, and assuming he lives to go to prison an even harder time (pun intended) inside from the screws and the other cons.

David

10. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

I'm sorry but how the hell could a guy do that to a woman?!?!?!?! AGH that really narks me off dammit! :(

I just wish i could kill those sort of people! the world would be a better place without them...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2005
  11. Reiki

Reiki Ki is everything!

I think the fact that she ignored him on her way in [code white - totally unaware of surroundings] then turned her back to him so that he was behind her made her situation far worse so that the attack came as a complete surprise.

If she had been looking around and noticed him on her way in and then not turned so that he was behind her, she may have had some warning of the attack and been able to respond or defend herself.

Personally I get very twitchy if people are behind me and I tend to keep moving about to keep an eye on them so as to be ready for anything. I would not stand like she did, but would turn and be partially facing him.

12. budogirl

budogirl Armed and fabulous!

That VT is spooky. My internet connection is quite slow so it was kind of in slow motion anyway. What was dragging her in the lift (elevator) all about? I only watched it to the point where the attacker went out the door and the page hadn't fully loaded.

Awareness at all times is key. I have heard that a high number of attacks occur close (within yards) to the victims' home which is probably when a person is least on guard as they are nearly home.

Slightly unrelated to this thread is a book I would recommend *everyone* reading -
    "Her wits about her" edited by Denise Caignon & Gail Groves (published by The Women's Press). It is a collection of Self Defence Success Stories by women.
    The stories are amazing - they range from a deaf woman, to school girls to an elderly woman who has no legs and successfully defended herself from a 20-something drug addict who tried to rob and rape her. Also Py Bateman, founder of the feminist karate union in Seattle, Washington who was chief instructor there from 1971 to 1984. She was attacked in May 1984 by a man with a knife who began by cutting her around her eyes.
    She states, after describing the attack: "I had to remind myself that one individual's personal experience, no matter how powerful, does not change what we know about violence against women. This man's level of violence was at the extreme end of the scale, as was the extent to which he was willing to continue despite my calls for help and my fighting back".

13. Adam

Adam New Member

I seem to recall watching that clip before and reading the newspaper article with it - the woman kicked the bucket, the guy was caught and sentenced to life. Terrible story.

14. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

I guess that he moved her to the lift (elevator) to hide her in case he met anybody coming in as he was going out. He would be well down the road by the time anybody spotted her.

That's the end of the clip. It just cycles around and starts again.

15. nekogami13

nekogami13 Master of all I Survey

She was standing near the edge of the second elevator, he came and stood behind and close to her. No one else was in the lobby so there was more than enough room-alarm bells should have gone off immediately.

Once he grabbed her head and began throwing her down, it was to late. there was no way to defend herself or avoid going to ground from the position she was in.

Once on the ground, she was either physicaly stunned/unconscious or to shocked to do anything. She makes no attempt to move, no automatic defense gesture of raising her hands to cover her face,no attempt to go into fetal position. She lays there on her back, arms down at side.

Some knowledge of groundfighting MIGHT have helped. She might been able to land "correctly"(thereby not being knocked unconscious) , she might have been able to get up, she might have been able to minimize damage from kicks.

We cannot say. We can only look at the video, try to see what went wrong and hope we are never in that kind of situation.

16. Intan86

Intan86 Valued Member

WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH HIM?!!!!! That guy is a ******* lunatic!!! How could he do that to her?!!! There's no need for him to kick her a hundred times. Hey, I'm a young lady and have improve my strength all these years through MA but still I found Man are certainly a LOT stronger (yet still believes woman are strong too). I mean honestly, if I wasn't suspecting a blow in the face, twice is worse, I'd surely blackout. I mean, if the guy really hit THAT hard. What did the woman do that made him so ******* up?!.

I wish Yukimishu were there.You'll certainly break his legs,ain't that right,Mishu?

17. hedgehogey

hedgehogey Banned Banned

Two observations:

1: Nice kuzushi/offbalancing

2: (sarcasm) Why did she let him take her to the ground? Why didn't she just hit him in the groin? (unsarcasm)
    She should known grappling.

18. YODA

Intan86> What part of the rule about no swearing do'nt you understand? I know this is an immotive issue but - DO NOT do it again.

19. YODA

There was nothing "nice" about that attack.

That's what I was trying to say above. I agree.

20. Chris.B

Chris.B New Member

That is sick, I saw that somewhere else to. Sad what people do these days, right from the back and completly unexpected. Just plain sick.