Wanstead Ju Jitsu

Discussion in 'Ju Jitsu' started by Jamesy, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Jamesy

Jamesy Valued Member

Does anyone know anything about this club? Thinking about having a look at it but wanted to know if anyone trains there or have heard of it and know if they are a good school.

http://www.wansteadjujitsuclub.com/

2. righty

righty Valued Member

I'm not going to commend on the school itself, but I watched the video on the home page tha tyou linked to.

But that blackbelt performing the throw at 1.02, the throw that is repeated about three times in slow motion (was it a kneeling tai o-toshi or something similar?) is asking for a broken leg or at least a busted knee.

3. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

OOOHHH wrong leg position on the right leg....

well spotted Righty ...

The rest of the video up till then was ok ..

Smurf

4. Rhea

Rhea Laser tag = NOT MA... Supporter

I've seen that leg bust happen, it's really not pretty...

5. Jamesy

Jamesy Valued Member

So is he not a very good BB. What can you tell me about the standard from that video?

6. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

Jamesy I stopped viewing after the leg part...my Internet is slow ...

one bad technique does not make a bad martial artist....you are only as good as your instructor and if they were wrong you too will be wrong ...

Go to the class and judge for yourself

Regards

Smurf:hat::hat::hat:

7. righty

righty Valued Member

Hmm yeah, I should say that after skimming over the website nothing throws up an immediate red flag, although it's very hard to tell from just a website.

Black belts are never perfect, even though we all wish they were. The fact that that bad throw appeared on the video could just be unlucky that...
    A - It happened in the first place.
    B - It was emphasized by the person who made the video by repeating it.

To get an idea of standard you will need to go to some classes and judge for yourself, as Smurf has said.